An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hell... How Easy Is It?

prose

How easy is it to go to hell?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1434378' date='Dec 14 2007, 05:32 PM']Shred simply means a small chance, a very small chance without the promises of Christ. Mother Church is the cradle of salvation, She and Christ are one, and Christ is salvation. Those outside in the dark, who are not part of His body are in a greater danger of hell. Because they are lost, they do not have His salvation.
Christ saves us from sin, Christ saves us from the fires of hell, [u]this is[/u] His salvation, His is why He came, this is why He died, so that we could be saved from sin and death, which is hell. Christ wants all to be saved, this is why He gave us our holy duty to preach His salvation, so lost souls will be saved from sin, death, and hell. Lost souls by the very nature of being lost are in a much greater danger of hell, than those who have come home into loving arms of Mother Church.

Jesus Christ son of the Living God, [u]gave us His word[/u] that if we trust in and follow Him and obey His commandments, and remain with Him until the end, we can be saved. "As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."

As long as lost souls remain lost outside the Church, all they have to stand is the [u]hope[/u] of the mercy of God. Which is good no doubt. But without any word or promise such as we have, they are in a greater danger of being lost forever.[/quote]
Yes, you essentially said that already.

And I said that the Church's stance on salvation should be read as a recipe for piety, not a prediction on who's in Heaven or Hell. I also said that there's no point in trying to figure out who's already in Heaven or Hell, just focus on whatever it is that you can control--i.e. preach Catholicism so that you might be saved and maybe even drag a few (or a lot) of souls with you.

[quote]God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr[/quote]

KnightofChrist

[quote name='XIX' post='1435018' date='Dec 16 2007, 07:32 PM']Yes, you essentially said that already.

And I said that the Church's stance on salvation should be read as a recipe for piety, not a prediction on who's in Heaven or Hell. I also said that there's no point in trying to figure out who's already in Heaven or Hell, just focus on whatever it is that you can control--i.e. preach Catholicism so that you might be saved and maybe even drag a few (or a lot) of souls with you.[/quote]

I'm glad we can end this in agreement. We can not say what individual is in heaven or what individual is in hell. Aside from God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, the angels, and saints, and as for hell you know who and all his gang. The Church can say that certain human Saints are in heaven, but to the best of my knowledge has never said what certain human souls are in hell. Still She does say which kinds of souls or groups of peoples are in a greater danger of hell. And that being part of the Church is being part of the hope in the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Peace in Christ!
KoC

• 4 weeks later...

It is weird, when I became catholic I figured I was screwed. But as a protestant I assumed that everyone was screwed and grace would be understanding. I think that I continue to grow I understand a hybrid of that few where we are responsable to move forward, but we are being helped to move forward and we will never get to where we want, but the movement is salvation.

just how I see it.