An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christmas Presents From The Summit Shoppe!

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

If anyone is looking for Christmas presents, I ordered a bunch of stuff from [url="http://stores.homestead.com/nunsopsummit/StoreFront.bok"]the Cloister Gift Shoppe[/url] of the Dominican Nuns in Summit, and am now going to write a raving review ;)

I bought two St. Dominic medals for myself and my sister (hope she doesn't read this... :) ), a few other small things, the Choir Book for our organist (which is SO COOL, it's sorted by Church season and has a section with hymns for the Saints, which I'm totally going to bull.. er, encourage him into using) and loads of SOAP as small presents for various people, like our parish priest (not that I think he smells!). They've got a special Christmas soap, it's green, red and white and called "Natale", which I think is quite excellent :)

But the reason to post this in Vocation Station and not Open Mic is that I also got the "Cloister Garden" scented soap for myself. I had to use it as soon as I got it, of course...

...and now all my friends keep [i]sniffing[/i] me. Guy friends, too. I do hope I'm not leading anyone into sin. So just that you know, especially discerning ladies: it's highly dangerous. (Unless you've decided upon marriage, in which case it could be useful... if it leads to anything you should tell Sr. Mary Catherine and she could convince Sr. Superior Soapmaker to re-name it St. Anne's Soap.)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1427277' date='Nov 30 2007, 11:24 AM']...and now all my friends keep [i]sniffing[/i] me. Guy friends, too. I do hope I'm not leading anyone into sin. So just that you know, especially discerning ladies: it's highly dangerous. (Unless you've decided upon marriage, in which case it could be useful... if it leads to anything you should tell Sr. Mary Catherine and she could convince Sr. Superior Soapmaker to re-name it St. Anne's Soap.)[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1427277' date='Nov 30 2007, 11:24 AM']If anyone is looking for Christmas presents, I ordered a bunch of stuff from [url="http://stores.homestead.com/nunsopsummit/StoreFront.bok"]the Cloister Gift Shoppe[/url] of the Dominican Nuns in Summit, and am now going to write a raving review ;)

I bought two St. Dominic medals for myself and my sister (hope she doesn't read this... :) ), a few other small things, the Choir Book for our organist (which is SO COOL, it's sorted by Church season and has a section with hymns for the Saints, which I'm totally going to bull.. er, encourage him into using) and loads of SOAP as small presents for various people, like our parish priest (not that I think he smells!). They've got a special Christmas soap, it's green, red and white and called "Natale", which I think is quite excellent :)

But the reason to post this in Vocation Station and not Open Mic is that I also got the "Cloister Garden" scented soap for myself. I had to use it as soon as I got it, of course...

...and now all my friends keep [i]sniffing[/i] me. Guy friends, too. I do hope I'm not leading anyone into sin. So just that you know, especially discerning ladies: it's highly dangerous. (Unless you've decided upon marriage, in which case it could be useful... if it leads to anything you should tell Sr. Mary Catherine and she could convince Sr. Superior Soapmaker to re-name it St. Anne's Soap.)[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words! And the best part is that the soaps are NOVITIATE MADE! Yep, we have a lot of fun but it's hard work, too!
Please spread the word because it helps us pay the bills, if you know what I mean!

The Cloister Garden is one of my favorite. We're working on a few new ones. A Honey that contains, milk, honey and olive oil. And a few other things.!

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

PS Think of it as supporting vocations ! :-)

elizabeth_jane

As soon as I get paid next week I am taking my bank card over here. :) I love the soap idea and the hymnal looks excellent! I might have to "persuade" my choir director about it too! We use an awful OCP one that just drives me mad! (If I have to sing "Gather Us In" [i]one more time[/i]..... :annoyed: )

elizabeth_jane

As soon as I get paid next week I am taking my bank card over here. :) I love the soap idea and the hymnal looks excellent! I might have to "persuade" my choir director about it too! We use an awful OCP one that just drives me mad! (If I have to sing "Gather Us In" [i]one more time[/i]..... :annoyed: )

Just ordered 4 trio sets - I'm intrigued with the "Gents scents" package and am now wondering what the "cloister" scent is?

Frankincense? Myrrh? :-)

AlterDominicus
:drool: I'm dying to get the Mocha Java, Cloister Garden and the Rainbow Sherbet, but as usual I dont have $$ :lol: Maybe I should go steal some $$, no I'm kidding! I cant and wont steal.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1427672' date='Dec 1 2007, 02:16 AM']Just ordered 4 trio sets - I'm intrigued with the "Gents scents" package and am now wondering what the "cloister" scent is?

Frankincense? Myrrh? :-)[/quote]

Cloister is a garden fragrance. It's a combo of light floral, musk and bergamot. Or so they tell me. I have NO sense of smell but they tell me it's lovely.

Gents scents are sandalwoood, ocean rain, bay rum and "savaonarola" which is our name for a scent that is like crackling firewood.

The great part of living in a community is that everything gets "tested" on 20 people! When we try a new scent or do a new combo it goes around and you get, "Oh, that is lovely!" then, "YUK!" then, "O, I love that!" then "What is it?" etc It's so funny!

I hope you enjoy them! We make them with love and silent prayer and have a great time, too! Thank you for supporting us in this way!

Sr. Mary Catharine

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1427739' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:03 AM']The great part of living in a community is that everything gets "tested" on 20 people! When we try a new scent or do a new combo it goes around and you get, "Oh, that is lovely!" then, "YUK!" then, "O, I love that!" then "What is it?" etc It's so funny!

I hope you enjoy them! We make them with love and silent prayer and have a great time, too! Thank you for supporting us in this way!

Sr. Mary Catharine[/quote]

*Bows* Thanks to you and the rest of the Sisters for making them. :blowkiss:

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1427739' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:03 AM']Gents scents are sandalwoood, ocean rain, bay rum and "savaonarola" which is our name for a scent that is like crackling firewood.[/quote]
Dominican humor is great. :lol_pound:

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='shortnun' post='1427884' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:38 PM']Dominican humor is great. :lol_pound:[/quote]

You got it? Most people don't!!

SMC

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1427945' date='Dec 1 2007, 09:45 PM']You got it? Most people don't!!

SMC[/quote]
I go to a Dominican school. :topsy: My church history professor would be impressed I got it!

AlterDominicus

I admit that is hilarious!

:lol_pound: :clapping: :P :kiss: :flowers: :biglol:

I always told Sister Mary Catharine that she is the patron of laughter. Even if the joke isnt her's. Isnt that right Sister?

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1427739' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:03 AM']Gents scents are sandalwoood, ocean rain, bay rum and "savaonarola" which is our name for a scent that is like [b]crackling firewood[/b].[/quote]

Okay... I've been mulling over this joke for a bit now, and i'm thinking that it has to do with the "Crackling firewood"... and St. Thomas Aquinas? :)

Am i right?