An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bisexuality Debate

Pontifite 7 of 10

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='track2004' post='1436401' date='Dec 20 2007, 12:29 AM']Probably not because I rarely say that aloud. I still want to actually do something to earn my damnation, though, something tangible.[/quote]

Tangible? Just say NO to God. Pretty tangible. Ask Adam and Eve....

Cool thing is that you don't have to earn your salvation (not that anyone could)!

Spamity Calamity

[quote name='Socrates' post='1426014' date='Nov 27 2007, 10:05 PM']This said, I really despise the modern tendency to use one's disordered inclinations as one's identity (calling oneself "gay" or "bi")[/quote]

I agree with this. I find it sad the way some people use their sexual orientation to define themselves. It such a shallow thing...

[quote]QUOTE(Socrates @ Nov 27 2007, 10:05 PM)
This said, I really despise the modern tendency to use one's disordered inclinations as one's identity (calling oneself "gay" or "bi")[/quote]

How is this different from people who describe themselves as “straight”, “heterosexual” or “normal”. I also do not see this as being any different from a human who tries to define themselves by their religion denomination. Some people who support the concept of sin require these definitions, it is the only way that they can pass their peculiar brand of uninformed judgment.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='God Conquers' post='1436446' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:06 AM']I tend to categorize bisexuality under the term "chronic horniness".

I think it's sex obsession couple with same sex attraction very often.[/quote]
Probably not.

Most people who identify themselves as "bisexual" that I've met claim they don't "go all the way" with both sexes. In my view its probably heterosexuality with an obsession over one's own genitalia.

[quote name='God Conquers' post='1436446' date='Dec 20 2007, 10:06 AM']I tend to categorize bisexuality under the term "chronic horniness".

I think it's sex obsession couple with same sex attraction very often.[/quote]

Bisexuality is largely misunderstood by the general public. Just because someone may find both genders sexually attractive doesn't mean they'd find everyone sexually attractive. No one finds everyone else attractive, everyone has standards and preferences.

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1437174' date='Dec 21 2007, 04:06 PM']I agree with this. I find it sad the way some people use their sexual orientation to define themselves. It such a shallow thing...[/quote]

It isn't that gay or bi people define themselves as it so much as everyone else does, I think anyway. People need labels so they can categorize everyone. I don't go around saying I'm white or really ever thinking about it, but me being white means ya'll can make certain assumptions about how I grew up and who I am. No minority group really ever picks a label, they just are labeled. We have to define how people aren't white middle-class straight males.

Sorry about the double post thing...