An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane :-)

cmaD2006

[b][size=5]25 days and counting[/size][/b] :rolleyes:

[i]update #2 [/i] (Staretz sorry this one is short)

Got more shopping done (fleece jackets, turtlenecks). Glasses will come early next week ... vision problem solved. Decided not to order the High School Transcript (college should be enough).

Got the two recommendation letters. The one from my spiritual director really opened my eyes to the gifts he sees in me but I don't see.

Car -- maybe sold?

I think I'll be visiting my God-children the weekend of the 22nd?

Haven't decided what to do with the guitar (take with? keep here?). Music ministry is done -- although I've got to laugh; I was asked if I could play a retreat Jan 26-27-28. I said nope, I'll be out of town. :) (I'm kidding I told the person what was up).

Today we had a holiday party at work. Got my 10 year pin (2 years late). And everyone now knows that I'm leaving.

And on the spiritual end -- this advent really has been a (almost lent type of) period of conversion. I guess I've become more aware of who I am and what my weaknesses are; and that God accepts me with "all of my warts" (aka sin). He's also been quite clear as far as what does need to change -- and that He isn't expecting a complete and sudden change now, just the openness and willingness to change gradually.

-- Carmen

Edited by cmariadiaz

[i]update #2a[/i]

Just submitted my leave of absence form ... I thought about not doing so but since there are unresolved visa issues a LOA may be perfect (although I'm praying that I won't have to return to work until the visa issues resolve and that God takes care of it in due time).

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1433447' date='Dec 12 2007, 07:06 PM'][b][size=5]25 days and counting[/size][/b] :rolleyes:

[i]update #2 [/i] (Staretz sorry this one is short)[/quote]

Carmen Carmen Carmen :)

I am glad to read your update no mater how long or short it is!

• 3 weeks later...

[size=7][b][i][u]6 DAYS[/u][/i][/b][/size] and counting ....

Ok its been a bit since the last update. Time has flown. So here's a quick one:

a) got the leave from work :-)
b) sold the car (on the 24th of December ... am in Boston actually right now finalizing the sale and the transfer)
c) brought most of my clothes (a few items are left, and whatever I don't get I will just get there. Everyone pray the suitcase(s) through to the convent. Its a homework assignment from the 6th to the 7th (when I arrive). :lol_roll: :rolleyes: :lol_roll: :saint: :topsy:
d) 3 days left at work!!!!
e) haircut (and dye ... to at least for the last time cover the gray! hehehe) on Friday night
f) said my good bye at the parish
g) renting car tomorrow.
h) moving stuff from storage and my room on 1st jan
i) saw my cuz, uncle, sis and niece on 24th and 25 dec. That was fun. Said goodbyes to cuz and uncle; and hopefully I can work out getting my sis and niece to the airport to say our goodbyes there
j) got my glasses (what a horror story ... they scratched up the frame and messed up the screws, and I think the glasses are still wrong [too thick for what I ordered]; but I give up)

k) saw my Godchildren :-) ... visiting them right now

l) spent 2 (!) hours on the phone talking to the sisters from the last community I was with. It was awesome; and we're all praying that whenever God wills it I will be able to visit them again (and maybe, just maybe I'll arrive in a habit!)

Hopefully before I leave work on Friday I'll post the last hoorah! Maybe (just maybe) I'll have the address where I can receive letters .... pray that I can speak with the formator in Argentina (we keep missing each other).

Blessings to all!

-- Carmen