An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tithing

dairygirl4u2c

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LouisvilleFan

Check an Examination of Conscience. There should be something in there about contributing to the Church.

Besides, what Catholic wouldn't want to financially support the Church and/or Church-related organizations?

dairygirl4u2c

carr... why do you have your own religion? do you seriously expect others to follow it? i know you say you can start your own, but you act like people would try to follow you.
would you follow the religion of dairygirlism etc?
do you think the world is only a figment of your imagination? that's the way your website link seems from your PM profile.

[url="http://www.jfaproductions.com/PATFAQ.html"]http://www.jfaproductions.com/PATFAQ.html[/url]

how are you sure the messages you get are from God and not just your own ideas?

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Whoa, I read the FAQ. Really interesting stuff.
[Edit] I should also add, that there are things there that are intrinsic to the Catholic faith, while other things that are incompatible. But I think that's what you want, Carderro? Oh well. Whatever floats your boat. Your choice... :unsure:

Edited by Sacred Music Man

[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: carr... why do you have your own religion?[/quote]
Because there is no other religion available that encapsulates by belief system.
[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: do you seriously expect others to follow it?[/quote]
No, I do not. What would be the benefit of someone following or faithfully believing in the same things that anyone else believes?
[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: i know you say you can start your own, but you act like people would try to follow you.[/quote]
Patrickism is a solo endeavor, though it can be easily understood, it is unprecedented.
[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: would you follow the religion of dairygirlism etc?[/quote]
Follow? Possibly not (it is hard enough to advocate Patrickism) but I would be very interested in understanding what and how you believe.
[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: do you think the world is only a figment of your imagination?[/quote]
I think the world is a collective creative endeavor of a lot of imaginations.
[quote]dairygirl4u2c writes: how are you sure the messages you get are from God and not just your own ideas?[/quote]
The importance of where the messages came from never impressed me as much as the importance of the value and Truth or Untruth contained in the messages. Once that is concluded, one can start putting worth and respect in the messenger.

Edited by carrdero

Sorry, but doesn't tithing mean donating 10% of one's income. Unless I am confused.

I realise the Precept of the Church involves contributing to the support of the Church, but is there really a % type rule?

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1420743' date='Nov 17 2007, 05:55 PM']I thought tithing meant donating money according to one's capability...[/quote]

My mistake it seems :rolleyes:

LouisvilleFan

The word tithe means "a tenth," but that's rooted in the Mosaic Law that required a tenth of the harvest be givine to the Levites (if I remember correctly). The Church simply requires that you contribute according to your ability.