An Old School Catholic Message Board

The New Jersey Devils

XIX

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays just dropped the Devil part to just be the Rays. Some think that now they will start winning.

Not if you live in Jersey. ;)

But most of us down in the Southern half of the state are Flyers fans. My best friend bleeds orange and black. LET'S GO HATCHER!!!!

A long time ago when I was in grade 6, one of the teachers of one of my former schools gave a story about how he was in Toronto, and in a traffic jam (during hockey season), a guy got out of his car and yelled "what about those New Jersy Devils?!". The teacher insisted he was possessed. :mellow:

My parochial school's mascot was the blue devils. We won enough that it wasn't a jinx, and lost enough that it was obvious that we weren't in league with the devil.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416832' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:54 PM']New Jersey is Hell. It's a sin to root for anything at all from there.[/quote]

Is not! :madrant:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1416829' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:47 PM']My parochial school's mascot was the blue devils. We won enough that it wasn't a jinx, and lost enough that it was obvious that we weren't in league with the devil.[/quote]

De Paul has the Blue Demons. It used to be a joke about how a Catholic university would use a devil as a mascot, but after some of their recent actions I guess it's entirely fitting.

Edited by Norseman82

The jersey devil is real indeed and he(she???) lives in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey.
There is another team other then the Flyers? No way