An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Hillary...

ironmonk

[quote]Is it a contradiction that she prays AND is pro-choice[/quote]

Really

Show me how

and not in any flowery self indulgent language. Show me please in practical or theological terms that this statement holds any water

[i][quote name='hot stuff' post='1416802' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:48 PM']Really

Show me how

and not in any flowery self indulgent language. Show me please in practical or theological terms that this statement holds any water[/quote][/i]

There is no need to get so angry, hot stuff, really. This is a friendly discussion.

Prayer is a surge of the heart towards God, who is all truth, the author of the natural law. It unites us with the person of Christ. If someone is really in attune with the Spirit, they would not hold a viewpoint that contradicts natural law, if they did there would be great discontent within them. That's not to say, she doesn't "pray" on some level...I don't know...but her spiritual life is not well-formed obviously. It is also very possible that she is speaking about faith matters to win Brownie points with more socially-conservative voters...now again, I'm not saying that she [i]is[/i], I'm saying that is [i]possible,[/i] because politicians often to such things...which is why Jesus said we would know them "by their fruit." And her fruit stinks!

Edited by friendofJPII

I agree with the idea that she is not bearing any fruit.

But I do take exception to the idea that we can surmise whether or not another person prays. The only thing critique that I could say about anyone (including me) is that (s)he isn't praying enough

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1416726' date='Nov 9 2007, 06:15 PM']y are so many of you so judgemental ??
its ignorant
judge not lest you be judged
if hillary confesses with her mouth jesus christ is lord and believes in her heart that he was raised from the dead SHE WILL BE SAVED ![/quote]

When someone is running for political office, they ask to have their actions to be judged.

The judging that Christ speaks of is different than this. There are places where the Scriptures tell us to scrutinize bishops because they will lead people... This is the same for civil leaders, we must judge if they are fit to lead. Hillary is not.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1416727' date='Nov 9 2007, 06:18 PM']WHY DO YOU CALL ME GOOD ?? NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD ALONE

none of us our good
Christ told us that
we can not be good until we die and are with Chrirst
we can stive to do good deeds and walk in love
but none of us are " good "[/quote]

:huh: :scratchhead:

First, Not writing about you.
Second, there are different context's of 'good'
Third, in this context it's to show that I have no reason to doubt him or his brother because they are good honest Catholics.

[quote name='Lena' post='1416681' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:26 PM']I don't know who I'm voting for, but I do think this article is ridiculous.[/quote]

If you care about pleasing God, since you claim to be Catholic I assume you do, you would not vote for someone who is:[list=1]
[*]for abortion
[*]for same sex marriage
[*]for creating dependency on welfare
[*]wants to take God out of everything
[/list]Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics
[url="http://www.caaction.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=72"]http://www.caaction.com/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=72[/url]

US Bishops Statement
Faithful Citizenship: A Catholic Call to Political Responsibility
[url="http://www.usccb.org/faithfulcitizenship/bishopStatement.html"]http://www.usccb.org/faithfulcitizenship/b...pStatement.html[/url]

If you vote for someone who is anti-life over someone who is pro-life, you commit a mortal sin and should not take the Eucharist, until you are truely sorry for voting for a baby killer and plan not to do so again (after Confession of course)

If both are anti life, then one has to look at who will be more of a baby killer, then to the topic of Family... it would be a sin to vote for someone who is for same sex marriage over someone who is for protecting the family.... etc... Proportional Reasoning according to the Church, not our own liking.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1416813' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:11 PM']I agree with the idea that she is not bearing any fruit.

But I do take exception to the idea that we can surmise whether or not another person prays. The only thing critique that I could say about anyone (including me) is that (s)he isn't praying enough[/quote]

yeah, I agree we can't tell if she's praying or not. I know liberals who pray....there is goodness in everyone. I pray every day for the conversion of Hillary and Rosie O'Donnell. I actually had more respect for Hillary when she acted like the self-proclaimed feminist that she is, the fact that she is trying play the moderate annoys me.

Edited by friendofJPII

The point has nothing to do with her praying or not praying....

The point is that she's a liar and telling people what they want to hear instead of what she really believes.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1416825' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:33 PM']The point has nothing to do with her praying or not praying....

The point is that she's a liar and telling people what they want to hear instead of what she really believes.

God Bless,
ironmonk[/quote]

If there was is one thing we can sumise from the world of politics it is that politicians rarely portray their real personas. It is usually all an act. The persona my uncle portrayed to the the public and the man he really was were like the difference between Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.

Edited by friendofJPII

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1416825' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:33 PM']The point has nothing to do with her praying or not praying....

God Bless,
ironmonk[/quote]

Please demonstrate to me that you have concrete knowledge that Hillary doesn't pray. That she indeed is lying about this.

Otherwise you look foolish

If Hillary prays or is Christian, it has had absolutely zero effect on her political actions. She has a 100% pro-abortion voting record in the Senate.

Of course, every politician likes to "get religion" before an election.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Socrates' post='1416892' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:48 PM']If Hillary prays or is Christian, it has had absolutely zero effect on her political actions. She has a 100% pro-abortion voting record in the Senate.

Of course, every politician likes to "get religion" before an election.[/quote]

So then you agree that it was pointless to start this thread?

Good

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1416938' date='Nov 10 2007, 09:46 AM']So then you agree that it was pointless to start this thread?
Good[/quote]

I don't think it was pointless. Religon, or at least religious sentiments will play a role in the campaign. These sentiments, in light of the candidates stance on moral issues, will be the point of discussion---and I think it is an important discussion to have.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1416839' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:11 PM']Otherwise you look foolish[/quote]
It is usually foolish to make assumptions about another person's spiritual life, especially when based on a partisan opinion piece.

Notice how few people commented on the article that presents a different side?[quote][url="http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/09/hillarys-prayer.html"]Hillary's Prayer: Hillary Clinton's Religion and Politics[/url]

News: For 15 years, Hillary Clinton has been part of a secretive religious group that seeks to bring Jesus back to Capitol Hill. Is she triangulating—or living her faith?[/quote]

Edited by tgoldson