An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Hillary...

ironmonk

dairygirl4u2c

it's not so much calling other's not catholic or christian. it's saying it when it's not warranted. if satan or someone who goes on kiling sprees said he was christian, we can rightly say he isn't. the problem with the people who say people who support hillary arent christian etc, is they have a very boneheaded view of reality. there are more than one way to be christian.

pat robertson isn't a christian. yeeeeea. clinton is worse, and not completely anaologous, but the point is made. similar situation. just bc you support a pro abort etc candidate does not mean ya not christian.

also. even if hilary changed, she only changed from her hardline boneheaded artificial communist liberal approach. one day, i have faith that many here will change from their hardline boneheaded artificial ways too, from both liberal and conservative perspectives.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='friendofJPII' post='1416630' date='Nov 9 2007, 02:53 PM']Politicians often play the "religion" card. Her husband Bill used to quote scripture all the time, when we know he didn't uphold the teachings of Jesus in his personal or political life. My uncle was a State Senator (a very bad one) and used to always tout how he used to be"an altar boy..." McGreevey did the same thing to woo the Catholic vote...and well...we all know about that one... :ohno:

Does anyone know if their cat, Socks, is still alive? Because if it comes down to Hillary vs. Guiliani I want to vote for Socks. He was one cool cat.[/quote]
If it's Hillary vs. Giuliani, I vote that we start a national write-in campaign for "None of the Above."

KnightofChrist

The problem with Hillary and most Liberal Democrat LEADERS is that their mass murders, and liars. They support, pass laws, give money to people that kill millions of millions of babies all the time professing to be Christian. If anyone votes for anyone that supports the abortion holocaust that voter takes part in that holocaust.

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

I dont believe that article to be ridiculous, Hillary wants to lead this country we as citizens have the right and duty to question her on statements she makes if those statements do not add up with her present actions and pass history.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1416551' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:05 AM']That people change.[/quote]

I know people change, but let's also remember what John the Baptist told the Pharisees and Saducees: "Give some evidence that you mean to reform" (Matthew 3:8). And when we are talking about the leader of our nation and the free world, I will wait for evidence that the "lifelong Yankees fan" from Park Ridge, IL, is changing by her actions and legislative votes, because right now the only thing I would predict that she changes is what sports team she is a "lifelong fan of" depending on what primary state she is trying to win.

Spamity Calamity

That article is just a good example of how she will say anything to get elected, even if it goes against everything shes ever said or done in the past. There is nothing wrong with criticizing her for that.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1416705' date='Nov 9 2007, 05:12 PM']I know people change, but let's also remember what John the Baptist told the Pharisees and Saducees: "Give some evidence that you mean to reform" (Matthew 3:8). And when we are talking about the leader of our nation and the free world, I will wait for evidence that the "lifelong Yankees fan" from Park Ridge, IL, is changing by her actions and legislative votes, because right now the only thing I would predict that she changes is what sports team she is a "lifelong fan of" depending on what primary state she is trying to win.[/quote]
Look, there's no question that Hillary seems to couch what she says based on who her audience is. That's been a perennial criticism of her and she got slammed for it in the latest Democratic debate. Let's not forget, however, that's she's a politician and that she's not all that different from every other politician out there who will say and do whatever they need to in order to be elected. Mitt Romney, anyone? Or how about Rudy with his I-support-abortion-but-will-appoint-strict-constructionist-judges attempt to woo pro-life voters?

To vote for Hillary would be a sin, even if she is running against Rudy.

---Because of the four points that Catholics are to vote for, Hillary also wants, in addition to abortion, same sex marriage, and dependancy on welfare.

Hillary is a Stalinist.... AKA commie. If she got elected, her reign would make Jimmy Carter look frugal and Charlie Manson look like a pro-lifer.

To post that "people can change" is something we all know. Hillary is always changing depending on who she is talking to. Which amounts to that she hasn't changed, she's a liar.

The Clinton's stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of furniture and other things from the Whitehouse when they left. They have admitted that they did wrong and knew they were stealing by paying over $180,000 back to the Whitehouse estate.

This thread is about how Hillary is a liar, a thief, and evil.

A good Catholic I know has a brother who is a secret service agent that worked on her detail, the woman is absolutely evil.

One would think that any knowledgable Christian would realize how evil she is simply from her baby killing ways.

Rudy, although a baby killer supporter would not put a radical baby killer in the Supreme Court as Hillary would. Rudy would not work toward destroying the family with same sex marriages. Rudy wouldn't tax us into a depression like Hillary would.

Hillary is an evil nasty person, one doesn't have to go back to her college days, we can look back just a few years to see the many examples... It is foolish to believe that someone who is running for office all the sudden changed from evil to Mary Poppins.

Anyone who would vote for Hillary does not know the first thing about political responsibility or the Christian faith.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[i][i][quote name='ironmonk' post='1416715' date='Nov 9 2007, 05:34 PM'][i]To vote for Hillary would be a sin, even if she is running against Rudy.

---Because of the four points that Catholics are to vote for, Hillary also wants, in addition to abortion, same sex marriage, and dependancy on welfare.

Hillary is a Stalinist.... AKA commie. If she got elected, her reign would make Jimmy Carter look frugal and Charlie Manson look like a pro-lifer.

To post that "people can change" is something we all know. Hillary is always changing depending on who she is talking to. Which amounts to that she hasn't changed, she's a liar.

The Clinton's stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of furniture and other things from the Whitehouse when they left. They have admitted that they did wrong and knew they were stealing by paying over $180,000 back to the Whitehouse estate.

This thread is about how Hillary is a liar, a thief, and evil[/i].

A good Catholic I know has a brother who is a secret service agent that worked on her detail, the woman is absolutely evil.

One would think that any knowledgable Christian would realize how evil she is simply from her baby killing ways.

Rudy, although a baby killer supporter would not put a radical baby killer in the Supreme Court as Hillary would. Rudy would not work toward destroying the family with same sex marriages. Rudy wouldn't tax us into a depression like Hillary would.

Hillary is an evil nasty person, one doesn't have to go back to her college days, we can look back just a few years to see the many examples... It is foolish to believe that someone who is running for office all the sudden changed from evil to Mary Poppins.[/i]

Anyone who would vote for Hillary does not know the first thing about political responsibility or the Christian faith.

God Bless,
ironmonk[/i][/quote]

Hillary might pray, who knows? Before my conversion, I "prayed" although my prayers were rather superficial, but I thought I was good Catholic, or at least better than most. Honestly, tho, if you are a truely a "praying person"...I don't think you should have to announce that you are. People should be able to tell by the way you live your life. I can't stand when politcians play the "God-card" which is what she appears to be doing. As it says in scripture there were those who cried, "Lord, Lord, but I knew you not...." (something like that, I'm paraphrasing here).

I don't think we should support Guiliani either....the Republicans can not take the pro-life vote for granted. I guarantee that the platform (pro-life) will be lost if Rudy is elected.

y are so many of you so judgemental ??
its ignorant
judge not lest you be judged
if hillary confesses with her mouth jesus christ is lord and believes in her heart that he was raised from the dead SHE WILL BE SAVED !

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1416715' date='Nov 9 2007, 05:34 PM']A good Catholic I know[/quote]

WHY DO YOU CALL ME GOOD ?? NO ONE IS GOOD BUT GOD ALONE

none of us our good
Christ told us that
we can not be good until we die and are with Chrirst
we can stive to do good deeds and walk in love
but none of us are " good "

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1416726' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:15 PM']y are so many of you so judgemental ??
its ignorant
judge not lest you be judged
if hillary confesses with her mouth jesus christ is lord and believes in her heart that he was raised from the dead SHE WILL BE SAVED ![/quote]

No offense, but it would do you well to read a catechism or a dogmatic theology book. This is not meant to be rude at all and please don't take it the wrong way. Thank you.

Edited by StThomasMore

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1416729' date='Nov 9 2007, 06:23 PM']No offense, but it would do you well to read a catechism or a dogmatic theology book. This is not meant to be rude at all and please don't take it the wrong way. Thank you.[/quote]

st thomasmore whats going on bro ??? i tried to send you a pm and say i was sorry for the way i acted before....but it wouldnt let me send one to you.....so anyhow.......it basically said i was sorry and i look up to you for how young you are and how active you are in the church and how on fire you are for God....

ok now back to this issue
if your saying what i said was wrong about being saved then prove me wrong
that is bible scripture
i take that as 110% truth
no buts about it
i understand being catholic and attending a catholic church more is required from us
but
i dont know how in the world your gonna convince me that this scripture isnt truth
its like 2 + 2
i dont how you can say that its not 4 ??
and esspially when applying this to someone who doent attend a catholic church and doesnt have to confess their sins to a priest and have to worry about mortal sin and the sorts.....

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1416732' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:31 PM']st thomasmore whats going on bro ??? i tried to send you a pm and say i was sorry for the way i acted before....but it wouldnt let me send one to you.....so anyhow.......it basically said i was sorry and i look up to you for how young you are and how active you are in the church and how on fire you are for God....

ok now back to this issue
if your saying what i said was wrong about being saved then prove me wrong
that is bible scripture
i take that as 110% truth
no buts about it
i understand being catholic and attending a catholic church more is required from us
but
i dont know how in the world your gonna convince me that this scripture isnt truth
its like 2 + 2
i dont how you can say that its not 4 ??
and esspially when applying this to someone who doent attend a catholic church and doesnt have to confess their sins to a priest and have to worry about mortal sin and the sorts.....[/quote]

Yeah I can't send or receive PMs because of the 'phishy' title. It kinda stinks.

I never said that the Holy Scriptures are false, but I would have to say your interpretation of them is false. It is the job of the magisterium of the Church to interpret the Scriptures, not yours, not mine.

This is from an apologetics site, tell me what you think:

[quote]8. To those who claim they can interpret and understand the Scriptures themselves:
bullet The Protestant reformers claim that we simply need to refer to Scripture for our salvation. We agree, but when two people disagree on the interpretation of Scripture, who shall be the judge as to the correct interpretation? Disagreements arise in nearly every verse of Scripture of which could easily lead one of the parties to damnation. It is illogical to think that Our Lord would expect us all to interpret Scripture on our own with no judge to turn to since this will always lead to endless disagreements. There can be countless wrong answers to a question, but only one right answer. All of those interpreting Scripture incorrectly will be lead down the wrong road. It is illogical for us to think God left us in anarchy with respect to interpretation of Scripture, at the mercy of the winds and the tide, with no pilot to help steer the way, as this would mean he wishes our destruction. As with a ship at sea, if everyone attempts to steer in the direction they think is right, we will inevitably wind up lost.
bullet Consider the Constitution of the United States if there were no U.S. Government to rule over it and make decisions over conflicts and offenses that arise with it. The result would be anarchy. Where have you ever seen any great province or organization which has governed itself? Consider any governed country, state, or any organized group throughout the history of the world. All were governed by an earthly leader of some sort or else they would wind up in chaos and confusion. If there were not a king in a kingdom, a foreman in a shop, or a captain of a ship, there would be no order. Why then do the Protestant reformers claim that all of their members do not need an earthly ruler to help guide them? What has this gotten them but thousands of opposing denominations (and growing) which is nothing better than anarchy? Never can a province be well governed by itself, especially when it is large.
bullet If it is true that the Scriptures are so easy to understand, what is the use of the commentaries made by countless Protestant ministers, and what good are so many schools of Theology?
bullet Also consider the verse, "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16). How else can we interpret this than to say Scripture is difficult to understand, and to interpret it incorrectly can lead to our destruction?
bullet And to those who say they must read and understand Scripture themselves, consider the large number of poor ignorant people who cannot read the Scriptures. What is to happen of them? Obviously they can find and seek their salvation through the mouth of a pastor. "How shall they believe him, of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear, without a preacher?" Romans 10:14.
bullet Consider the verse, "And Philip running thither, heard him reading the prophet Isaias. And he said: Thinkest thou that thou understandest what thou readest? Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him." Acts 8:30-31. Obviously interpretation of Scripture is needed![/quote]

as well as this:

[quote]10. To those who believe that faith alone (Sola Fide) justifies our salvation:
bullet Nowhere in the bible does it state faith "alone" justifies, and this new doctrine was not heard of before the 16th century. Why did the Protestant reformers propose it and what authority gave it to them?
bullet Consider the verse, "Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in. Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me." Matthew 25:34-36. Are these not examples of good works? Why would Our Lord give them so much emphasis if only faith was of importance?
bullet Consider the verses, "And behold one came and said to him: Good master, what good shall I do that I may have life everlasting? Who said to him: Why asketh thou me concerning good? One is good, God. But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He said to him: Which? And Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness. Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith to him: All these I have kept from my youth, what is yet wanting to me? Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me." Matt 19:16-21. Are the above verses not filled with good works? How much more proof from Scripture do we need to show that Our Lord commanded us to do good works for our salvation?
bullet Consider the verse, "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then will he render to every man according to his works." Matthew 16:27. Again here we have more proof that good works are required of us.
bullet Consider the verse, "And every man shall receive his own reward, according to his own labor." 1 Corinthians 3:8. Again this clearly does NOT refer to faith alone, but to labor, which is works.
bullet Consider the verse, "And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2 (St Paul). What is charity other than helping the needy? Charity is clearly considered among good works. And in the same Chapter we also see the verse, "And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity." (1 Corinthians 13:13). This clearly puts charity BEFORE faith, so to say "faith alone" is all that is required of us is clearly contrary to Scripture.
bullet Consider the verse, "Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?" James 2:24. How much more plain can it be said that faith alone is not enough for our salvation?
bullet Consider the verse, "What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?" James 2:14. And we see several verses later that the answer to this question is NO.
bullet Consider the verse, "So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself." James 2:17. No explanation is needed for this verse!
bullet Consider the verse, "But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith." James 2:18. Another extremely obvious verse that proves our point on the subject.
bullet Consider the verses, "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? James 2:20-21. No explanation is needed for these verses.
bullet Consider the verse, "For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead." James 2:26. How can the Protestant reformers claim faith is sufficient when we read a verse like this with such obvious meaning?
bullet And finally consider the verse, "Wherefore, brethren, labor the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election." 2 Peter 1:10
bullet In summary, justification by faith alone has overwhelming opposition in Scripture. Some Protestants have been known to reference other verses from Scripture in an attempt to show that works are NOT required for our salvation. However if one looks at verses that appear to speak negatively about works, they are clearly referring to works that glorify men and not God. Here we agree; works done to please men do not help with attaining our salvation.[/quote]