An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Hillary...

ironmonk

[b]Holy Hillary: I Always Prayed[/b]
Friday, Jan. 21, 2005 11:23 a.m. EST
[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20050207170613/http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/21/112646.shtml"]http://web.archive.org/web/20050207170613/...21/112646.shtml[/url]

Borrowing a page from President Bush, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton told a Boston audience this week that prayer has always played a meaningful role in her life - though accounts from her days as a student radical suggest that's probably not true.

"[i]I've always been a praying person[/i]," Clinton told a crowd of more than 500, including many religious leaders, at Boston's Fairmont Copley Plaza.

According to the Boston Globe, the newly religious former first lady "invoked God more than half a dozen times" as she urged society to accommodate religious people who "live out their faith in the public square."

Though she was raised as a Methodist, Clinton's open embrace of God, along with her insistence that she's "always been a praying person," has to come as a shock to those who remember her college days.

Back then, Clinton was far more likely to be seen reading not the Bible but the writings of [b]Marx and Mao[/b] - and had close associations with unabashed Communists, to whom the mere mention of religion was heresy.

One was [b]Robert Treuhaft[/b], who, as noted in the late Barbara Olson's Hillary biography, "Hell to Pay," had "[b]dedicated his entire legal career to advancing the agenda of the Soviet Communist Party."[/b]

In 1972 Treuhaft offered the future senator a summer internship at the Universiy of California's Berkeley campus. Clinton accepted, immersing herself in Truehaft's brand of radical Stalinism. When she returned, she was, according to Olson, [b]"a budding Leninist."[/b]

If Sen. Clinton was "a praying person" back then, she must have kept it well concealed from her radical mentors.
------------------------------------------

Let us not forget.

God Bless,
ironmonk

kenrockthefirst

A slightly different take.

[url="http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/09/hillarys-prayer.html"]Hillary's Prayer: Hillary Clinton's Religion and Politics[/url]

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1416551' date='Nov 10 2007, 01:05 AM']That people change.[/quote]
You would vote for her?

You're obviously not a Catholic.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416554' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:23 AM']You would vote for her?

You're obviously not a Catholic.[/quote]
Uhm, I'm guessing based on the name "catholicinsd" that the individual in question [i]is[/i] a Catholic.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416554' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:23 PM']You would vote for her?

You're obviously not a Catholic.[/quote]

Thank you for posting this article but for the comments that have been made, I think you need to let people make their own decisions. I am not saying everyone should go out an vote for her but making a comment like this is very ignorant.

peace

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416554' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:23 AM']You're obviously not a Catholic.[/quote]

And you're not a Christian

Edited by catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1416562' date='Nov 10 2007, 01:40 AM']And you're not a Christian[/quote]
That would surprise every Christian I know.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416565' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:58 AM']That would surprise every Christian I know.[/quote]
This whole debate kind of sums up the focus of this post. So and So's not a Catholic, So and So's not a Christian, Hillary doesn't really pray.

Why don't we let God look into and judge our hearts. Meanwhile, may I humbly suggest that we all remove the beams from our own eyes?

I would not vote for Hillary. Her undying devotion to the cause of abortion has left me cold.

I really couldn't care less about my President's religion. I just want someone who's competent, who'll defend the unborn, and who keeps us both safe and free. Other than that, I really couldn't care and I'm sick of the Republican candidates trying to ease onto the side of social conservatives and of Democratic candidates trying to justify their Christianity.

I would not vote for Hillary. Her undying devotion to the cause of abortion has left me cold.

I really couldn't care less about my President's religion. I just want someone who's competent, who'll defend the unborn, and who keeps us both safe and free. Other than that, I really couldn't care and I'm sick of the Republican candidates trying to ease onto the side of social conservatives and of Democratic candidates trying to justify their Christianity.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1416566' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:06 PM']This whole debate kind of sums up the focus of this post. So and So's not a Catholic, So and So's not a Christian, Hillary doesn't really pray.

Why don't we let God look into and judge our hearts. Meanwhile, may I humbly suggest that we all remove the beams from our own eyes?[/quote]
I don't have a beam in my eye.

I have gallons of acid burning my whole face off. Eyes included!

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416565' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:58 AM']That would surprise every Christian I know.[/quote]

And most Catholics would include me in their ranks

So what's being suggested, that Hilary doesn't pray? Are you kidding me? Is that what the debate is about?

I don't agree with Hilary's politics. I don't agree with Rudy's either. But both say they pray and personally I don't have the arrogance or the audacity to suggest that they are lying about it.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1416603' date='Nov 9 2007, 01:54 PM']So what's being suggested, that Hilary doesn't pray? Are you kidding me? Is that what the debate is about?

I don't agree with Hilary's politics. I don't agree with Rudy's either. But both say they pray and personally I don't have the arrogance or the audacity to suggest that they are lying about it.[/quote]

Politicians often play the "religion" card. Her husband Bill used to quote scripture all the time, when we know he didn't uphold the teachings of Jesus in his personal or political life. My uncle was a State Senator (a very bad one) and used to always tout how he used to be"an altar boy..." McGreevey did the same thing to woo the Catholic vote...and well...we all know about that one... :ohno:

Does anyone know if their cat, Socks, is still alive? Because if it comes down to Hillary vs. Guiliani I want to vote for Socks. He was one cool cat.

Edited by friendofJPII