An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmel - Take 2

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

I had an interview with Mother Prioress this afternoon, and will be re-entering Wolverhampton Carmel on Monday afternoon. I want to thank you all for your prayers and emails and just for being so darn nice! :))

I don't know if I will just have to make up the two weeks I have been out or if I will have to start all over in my postulancy - I will be meeting with the Vicar General later in the week and it will be up to him. Postulants are not really supposed to leave the enclosure except for medical or urgent business. If I start over, it just means my clothing will be delayed, so I guess I will just leave that all up to God now.

Because of my limited Internet time, I haven't had a chance to really read a lot on phatmass this time and to post about other people's concerns, so I apologise for seeming so self-centered. I really wish that I could read and post on phatmass from the convent but maybe that is a change that will happen someday - who knows? I know that I have benefited tremendously from the love and support of everyone here, but I also know that I was the one who chose a cloistered Carmelite community - and "I knew the job was dangerous" when I took it - so I can hardly complain now - can I? That is one of the things that I have learned since coming out -- I made the choice in the first place, so now it is up to me to see if I can follow through and be faithful to that choice. This time I am entering knowing full well what is in store - so it is a more informed choice.

Pray for me still -- I am such a stubborn and willful person :doh: that this still won't be easy for me - but I am sure going to give it all I have. :rolleyes:

I will be online and checking email and messages until Monday, then everything will need to go through Mother Prioress again, so if anyone wants to stay in touch (to keep reminding me what an idiot I have been and to stay faithful :rolleyes: ) then please email for her address.

In His love always
Annie (Sr Teresa of Jesus) :love:

Edited by nunsense

cathoholic_anonymous

Praying for you, Annie. :)

In reality, you haven't been much different from an ordinary postulant. Most candidates for Carmel get the opportunity to make a live-in before entering properly. You never had that, so perhaps that accounts for your need to have time outside the cloister to think.

the lords sheep

Many prayers for you! Thank you for your prayers for us and for your openness to God and to us about your discernment!
Good luck! May you persevere to the Heart of our Lord Jesus through the Heart of his most blessed Mother!

Lauren

praying4carmel

God Bless you in your Journey. I, too, am hoping to head to Carmel, so we will see how it works out.
Your Honesty and Candor have been so refreshing.

My Prayers are with you!

Nancy

Lioness For Christ

Prayers!!! Hehe... As Sr. Joseph Andrew would say, the most important thing is FIDELITY to God! And you're giving Him what you got! :D

AccountDeleted

Today, Mother Prioress asked me to come back inside for a little while because the Archbishop was coming for a visit and to spend a little time with the community. I think that was so sweet of her. When she introduced me, I said, "I'm the renegade." and he just laughed and said "Yes, I've heard about you." It was so nice to be with all the sisters again, and everyone made me feel so welcomed back. It was a little hard saying goodbye to the sisters again after the Archbishop left.

Because Mother has been calling me Annie during my time outside, when she hugged me goodbye, she asked what they should call me when I come back, Sr Annie or Sr Teresa so I just said - "How about Sr Annie Teresa?" - so I guess that will be it now. I like the idea of having St Teresa's name in there, but using my legal name has made things easier when I had to get a library card and then use my credit card for topping up the mobile phone etc. Besides, I never really totally felt like a "Teresa" anyway - but Annie Teresa works for me. Funny how things work out :rolleyes:

You are all really wonderful people here - very supportive of everyone who posts and very encouraging for those who are discerning. It gives me a lot of inspiration and hope for vocations to know that so many wonderful people are trying to love and serve God, in whatever way they feel called. :love:

[quote name='nunsense' post='1416193' date='Nov 8 2007, 12:49 PM']I had an interview with Mother Prioress this afternoon, and will be re-entering Wolverhampton Carmel on Monday afternoon. I want to thank you all for your prayers and emails and just for being so darn nice! :))

I don't know if I will just have to make up the two weeks I have been out or if I will have to start all over in my postulancy - I will be meeting with the Vicar General later in the week and it will be up to him. Postulants are not really supposed to leave the enclosure except for medical or urgent business. If I start over, it just means my clothing will be delayed, so I guess I will just leave that all up to God now.

Because of my limited Internet time, I haven't had a chance to really read a lot on phatmass this time and to post about other people's concerns, so I apologise for seeming so self-centered. I really wish that I could read and post on phatmass from the convent but maybe that is a change that will happen someday - who knows? I know that I have benefited tremendously from the love and support of everyone here, but I also know that I was the one who chose a cloistered Carmelite community - and "I knew the job was dangerous" when I took it - so I can hardly complain now - can I? That is one of the things that I have learned since coming out -- I made the choice in the first place, so now it is up to me to see if I can follow through and be faithful to that choice. This time I am entering knowing full well what is in store - so it is a more informed choice.

Pray for me still -- I am such a stubborn and willful person :doh: that this still won't be easy for me - but I am sure going to give it all I have. :rolleyes:

I will be online and checking email and messages until Monday, then everything will need to go through Mother Prioress again, so if anyone wants to stay in touch (to keep reminding me what an idiot I have been and to stay faithful :rolleyes: ) then please email for her address.

In His love always
Annie (Sr Teresa of Jesus) :love:[/quote]

[quote name='nunsense' post='1416193' date='Nov 8 2007, 12:49 PM']I had an interview with Mother Prioress this afternoon, and will be re-entering Wolverhampton Carmel on Monday afternoon. I want to thank you all for your prayers and emails and just for being so darn nice! :))

In His love always
Annie (Sr Teresa of Jesus) :love:[/quote]

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1416609' date='Nov 9 2007, 01:02 PM']God Bless you in your Journey. I, too, am hoping to head to Carmel, so we will see how it works out.
Your Honesty and Candor have been so refreshing.

My Prayers are with you!

Nancy[/quote]

Have you selected a Carmel yet? In the US, I am acquainted with Brooklyn under Mother Maria Luz of the Trinity. It is a relatively new foundation, with strong traditions. In England try discerning at the St. Helen's Carmel-great community.

God Bless

AccountDeleted

Dear all - I am re-entering at 4pm today. If I haven't sent you an email with my email address - please forgive me, I ran out of time. The address at the monastery is
wolvercarm2@tiscali.co.uk and just put Sr Annie Teresa in the subject line and Mother will give it to me on disk.

Thank you all again for all your loving support and prayers. I will keep you all in my prayers too.

In His loving embrace always :love:
Sr Annie Teresa of Jesus