An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pat Robertson Sinning?

dairygirl4u2c

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As long as their are pro-life candidates like Mike Huckabee still in the race, he should not be supporting Guiliani. I'm very dissapointed in him. If Evangelicals and conservative Catholics don't unite on a candidate we are doomed.

Ron Paul is our only hope. The only candidate worth considering. The rest are all the same.
Even the other pro-life candidates will not really dare do much. They are cowards, at best.

[quote name='Pleural' post='1416481' date='Nov 9 2007, 03:46 PM']Ron Paul is our only hope. The only candidate worth considering. The rest are all the same.
Even the other pro-life candidates will not really dare do much. They are cowards, at best.[/quote]
Those are your marching orders.

[quote name='Pleural' post='1416481' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:46 AM']Ron Paul is our only hope. The only candidate worth considering. The rest are all the same.
Even the other pro-life candidates will not really dare do much. They are cowards, at best.[/quote]I could not agree more. [quote]The rest are all the same.[/quote] The Republi-crats and Demo-blicans may use different rhetoric, but I don't believe for a second that they will effect a real change.

If Ron Paul is so pro-life how come NARAL gives him a 65%(75% in 2005) rating on pro-choice issues? This by far surpasses all the other Republican candidates who hold offices in Congress whom maintained a rating of at or around 0%.
[url="http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/statements/paul.html"]http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/...ments/paul.html[/url]

If Ron Paul will be the fiscal savior for this country how come he adds his own pork to the barrel?
[url="http://chip91.wordpress.com/2007/08/19/ron-pauls-personal-pork-projects/"]http://chip91.wordpress.com/2007/08/19/ron...-pork-projects/[/url]

Ah, but wait, a supporter defends him below(the following removes the part with obscene language):

[quote]This is rather disingenuous. Paul applied for those programs to be funded in his district if he was given the budget to do so. When it came to voting for that budget, he voted against it.

In other words: Paul effectively said, “I don’t want my taxpayers to be spending their money on government subsidies, but if they are, then I may as well try to get that money back to my district.”[/quote]
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. If Ron Paul wants to be our fiscal savior he better be leading the way for fiscal responsibility right now in Congress. He's obviously not, but that's ok according to his supporters because Ron Paul is against government spending, [i]but[/i] because he votes for it before he votes against it he can spend just as much as any other politician and still be epitome of responsible financial management.

Ron Paul is fraud who uses nothing but propaganda on his campaign trail, and is the biggest waste of time since Ross Perot. Just like Perot, by running third party he will accomplish nothing for this nation except getting a Clinton elected if Gulliani wins the nomination. Yeah, I'm so looking forward to this election year. <_<

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416546' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:27 AM']If Ron Paul is so pro-life how come NARAL gives him a 65%(75% in 2005) rating on pro-choice issues? This by far surpasses all the other Republican candidates who hold offices in Congress whom maintained a rating of at or around 0%.
[url="http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/statements/paul.html"]http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/...ments/paul.html[/url]

If Ron Paul will be the fiscal savior for this country how come he adds his own pork to the barrel?
[url="http://chip91.wordpress.com/2007/08/19/ron-pauls-personal-pork-projects/"]http://chip91.wordpress.com/2007/08/19/ron...-pork-projects/[/url]

Ah, but wait, a supporter defends him below(the following removes the part with obscene language):
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. If Ron Paul wants to be our fiscal savior he better be leading the way for fiscal responsibility right now in Congress. He's obviously not, but that's ok according to his supporters because Ron Paul is against government spending, [i]but[/i] because he votes for it before he votes against it he can spend just as much as any other politician and still be epitome of responsible financial management.

Ron Paul is fraud who uses nothing but propaganda on his campaign trail, and is the biggest waste of time since Ross Perot. Just like Perot, by running third party he will accomplish nothing for this nation except getting a Clinton elected if Gulliani wins the nomination. Yeah, I'm so looking forward to this election year. <_<[/quote]

I know I'm going to get 40 lashes for this, but I really like Geroge Bush and I will miss him. He's not perfect, but he is a decent, God-fearing man.

I'm surprised at Pat Robertson...but honestly, considering the outlandish and down-right stupid comments he has made during the last couple of years, I think he's going senile. When he speaks he just doesn't seem "all there" to me. Also, I think the Evangelicals overall have become more liberal over the last decade---it's sad, becaue they were a solid conservative base.

Edited by friendofJPII

[quote name='friendofJPII' post='1416563' date='Nov 10 2007, 01:47 AM']I know I'm going to get 40 lashes for this, but I really like Geroge Bush and I will miss him. He's not perfect, but he is a decent, God-fearing man.[/quote]
Eh, I'm not issuing your 40 lashings. I don't really care for Bush, but he's really not as bad as alot of people say he is.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416546' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:27 AM']If Ron Paul is so pro-life how come NARAL gives him a 65%(75% in 2005) rating on pro-choice issues? This by far surpasses all the other Republican candidates who hold offices in Congress whom maintained a rating of at or around 0%.
[url="http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/statements/paul.html"]http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/elections/...ments/paul.html[/url][/quote]
That site does not list their criteria for determining a person's "rate." I did not have the stomach to search the site exhaustively, so I may have missed it. It is possible that Paul earned NARAL points by voting against laws that expand federal control while limiting state and local control. Without the details I can't answer this question.

Is anyone here more familiar with NARAL's rating system?

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1416596' date='Nov 10 2007, 03:25 AM']That site does not list their criteria for determining a person's "rate." I did not have the stomach to search the site exhaustively, so I may have missed it. It is possible that Paul earned NARAL points by voting against laws that expand federal control while limiting state and local control. Without the details I can't answer this question.

Is anyone here more familiar with NARAL's rating system?[/quote]
If that was Paul's opinion then that would make him very similar to Fred Thompson's politics and he never received more then 10%(0% most years) from NARAL. You also never bothered to respond to his hypocrisy regarding fiscal responsibility.

Honestly, the loyalty Ron Paul supporters have for their man scares me. One of the interesting things about chat rooms and message boards is you have to imagine everyone voice and whenever I meet a Ron Paul supporter talking the rhetoric for some reason I always picture them talking with robot voices. "Ron Paul is our only hope. Ron Paul is the only candidate worth considering. Resurrect the Republic. Ron Paul '08. Opposition forces will be assimilated." :unsure: It makes me think, "oooookkk, if I shoot you does the bullet ricochet off your metal robot body? Are you a cyborg or something? :cyborg: Scary.

Yes.

We are all cyborgs. Resistance in futile.

I don't have a problem with his voting record regarding fiscal responsibility. It's okay if you do. I don't need you to agree with me.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Justin86' post='1416806' date='Nov 9 2007, 08:58 PM']If that was Paul's opinion then that would make him very similar to Fred Thompson's politics and he never received more then 10%(0% most years) from NARAL. You also never bothered to respond to his hypocrisy regarding fiscal responsibility.

Honestly, the loyalty Ron Paul supporters have for their man scares me. One of the interesting things about chat rooms and message boards is you have to imagine everyone voice and whenever I meet a Ron Paul supporter talking the rhetoric for some reason I always picture them talking with robot voices. "Ron Paul is our only hope. Ron Paul is the only candidate worth considering. Resurrect the Republic. Ron Paul '08. Opposition forces will be assimilated." :unsure: It makes me think, "oooookkk, if I shoot you does the bullet ricochet off your metal robot body? Are you a cyborg or something? :cyborg: Scary.[/quote]

It's not loyalty to a man. There are many different reasons different people support Ron Paul.
If for some the term 'loyalty' applies at all, it's loyalty to the Constitution, loyalty to the United States of America, or loyalty to freedom, loyalty to the people -- all of them, not merely the rich or the poor or the majority. Ron Paul is the only candidate who is loyal to those things, so do why do you oppose him?