An Old School Catholic Message Board

When A Cola Comes Along, You Must Pick One!

Groo the Wanderer

Which one phits the pham and rephreshes?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='MarieLynn' date='02 February 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1265088395' post='2049521']
Vanilla Coke came out here a couple of years back, but it too appears to have gone the way of the poor old Cherry Coke, and then we had Lime Coke make an appearance, but just as quickly it too went off the shelf. Pity, I really liked the Lime Coke!! Any other Cokes that we can look forward to getting (if only for a short time)? What are some of the nicer ones?
[/quote]
'nilla Coke :drool: Still have a couple cans left from when Missionseeker came. The bottle of cherry coke is long gone :ninja:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 February 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1265088520' post='2049523']
I never really was a fan of lime coke. Vanilla and cherry though... Mmmmmm. Did you ever have Pepsi Blue, maybe six years back? Or Sprite Ice?
[/quote]
I heard sprite ice was magnificent. Pepsi blue was meh. I missed the boat on Lime Coke too.

[quote name='penguin31' date='11 February 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1265950459' post='2055679']
Mexican coke. The design of the classic glass bottles leads to consuming less over a similar period of time, and really, you can't beat the taste of good old fashioned sugar. None of that corn syrup garbage for me.
[/quote]
I like drinking from the bottle too. Cool avy :cool:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='11 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1265952255' post='2055692']

I heard sprite ice was magnificent. Pepsi blue was meh. I missed the boat on Lime Coke too.

[/quote]
I was a skeptic when I heard about it, but I was convinced. Very refreshing. I'm not a big Sprite fan normally (I find it to be too harsh a taste), so the mint was a nice change.

Nihil, are you Due South-watchers getting Pepsi Throwback up there? Grab a few cases, if so. It is Pepsi the way God first designed it.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='14 February 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1266186978' post='2057241']
Nihil, are you Due South-watchers getting Pepsi Throwback up there? Grab a few cases, if so. It is Pepsi the way God first designed it.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
Alas, no. :P I picked up a couple cases when we were in Florida. Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew.
I'll let you know if it ever shows up though. :D Loved the designs on the cans.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Socrates' date='09 December 2009 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1260333706' post='2016480']
Mexican Coke (in the tall glass bottles) is the shiznit!

Wasn't familiar with it 'til I moved to Texas, though.
[/quote]

What does Mexican Coke taste like? How is it different from normal Coke? I'm curious. :)

I've always heard the Dr. Pepper is better in Texas, too. I'd like to try that one day.

Dr. Pepper is my favorite soda. (Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry is a microscopically close second place.)

:drpepper: = :love:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='14 February 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1266188086' post='2057253']
Alas, no. :P I picked up a couple cases when we were in Florida. Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew.
I'll let you know if it ever shows up though. :D Loved the designs on the cans.
[/quote]

I love the old designs!!! Particularly the Mountain Dew! :smokey:

I haven't been able to find the Dr. Pepper throwbacks, though. :sadder:

A friend of mine bought one of the Pepsi Throwbacks and was highly amused that the label said, "Made with Real Sugar". :lol: That amused me as well.