An Old School Catholic Message Board

When A Cola Comes Along, You Must Pick One!

Groo the Wanderer

Which one phits the pham and rephreshes?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='31 January 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1264971248' post='2048397']
I didn't see a 'Maker's & Coke' option.
[/quote]

Come on grandpa, this is the modern era, time to put your teef back in and try a new intoxicant!

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='03 February 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1265142141' post='2049847']
[i]Coca-Cola[/i] its the only cola that I drink. The rest are just for sweet toothed kiddie punks ! Grow up people have a Coke and smile, or ELSE !!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/annoyed.gif[/img]

ed
[/quote]

I'd rather drink Gator Ade than regular Coca-Cola ed. Branch out, live dangerously, have a Pepsi - who knows you may live to enjoy it lol.

[quote name='MarieLynn' date='02 February 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1265144764' post='2049875']
I'd rather drink Gator Ade than regular Coca-Cola ed. Branch out, live dangerously, have a Pepsi - who knows you may live to enjoy it lol.
[/quote]

I have tried pepsi, it has a weird sweet taste. In my 49 years of life I have tried about every soda out there, of all the drinks I detest pepsi the most. Now gatorade is a different drink altogether, its not a soda at all, it was made to replenish fluids lost by athletes in hot weather during extreme workouts, its tasty, very fattening and loaded with sodium, about the worst thing a man my age could drink! I consider it a guilty pleasure though. :shock:

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='02 February 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1265147581' post='2049922']
I have tried pepsi, it has a weird sweet taste. In my 49 years of life I have tried about every soda out there, of all the drinks I detest pepsi the most. Now gatorade is a different drink altogether, its not a soda at all, it was made to replenish fluids lost by athletes in hot weather during extreme workouts, its tasty, very fattening and loaded with sodium, about the worst thing a man my age could drink! I consider it a guilty pleasure though. :shock:

ed
[/quote]
When you say Pepsi, do you mean the company and all the drinks they produce, or just the drink?

Personally, I like Coke (the drink) more than Pepsi (the drink) but after that I like most of Pepsi's products more.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1265147704' post='2049924']
When you say Pepsi, do you mean the company and all the drinks they produce, or just the drink?

Personally, I like Coke (the drink) more than Pepsi (the drink) but after that I like most of Pepsi's products more.
[/quote]

Coke the drink, I also like diet sprite, its the only diet drink that does not leave an after taste, well another being diet sunkist orange, I do not know if they are coke or poopsi products though.

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='03 February 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1265147581' post='2049922']
I have tried pepsi, it has a weird sweet taste. In my 49 years of life I have tried about every soda out there, of all the drinks I detest pepsi the most. Now gatorade is a different drink altogether, its not a soda at all, it was made to replenish fluids lost by athletes in hot weather during extreme workouts, its tasty, very fattening and loaded with sodium, about the worst thing a man my age could drink! I consider it a guilty pleasure though. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img]

ed
[/quote]

Hey Ed, just as well we all have different preferences. Your gatorade is the equivalent of our Powerade, we can mix ours with Soda Water and still use it as a re-hydrator. I love it even tho the sodium content is thru the roof. Our Powerade also has a Diet version, and if you get the right flavour and mix it, it tastes like Ginger Beer.........now that is another story. I love Budweizers Ginger Beer.

[quote name='MarieLynn' date='02 February 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1265149111' post='2049959']
Hey Ed, just as well we all have different preferences. Your gatorade is the equivalent of our Powerade, we can mix ours with Soda Water and still use it as a re-hydrator. I love it even tho the sodium content is thru the roof. Our Powerade also has a Diet version, and if you get the right flavour and mix it, it tastes like Ginger Beer.........now that is another story. I love Budweizers Ginger Beer.
[/quote]
I've tried non-alcoholic ginger beer, years ago. It was awesome. I'd love to find it again. :)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='03 February 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1265149894' post='2049974']
I've tried non-alcoholic ginger beer, years ago. It was awesome. I'd love to find it again. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I can give you the recipe for Cold Water Ginger Beer - takes all of 5 minutes to make, and is then ready to drink. Interested?

[quote name='MarieLynn' date='02 February 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1265152151' post='2049999']
I can give you the recipe for Cold Water Ginger Beer - takes all of 5 minutes to make, and is then ready to drink. Interested?
[/quote]
:woot:
Sure, want to PM it to me?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1265152546' post='2050002']
:woot:
Sure, want to PM it to me?
[/quote]

Oh-Oh Nihil is going to be accused of flirting again!

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='03 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1265155576' post='2050050']

ed
[/quote]

Doubt it Ed! We are both Ginger Beer fanatics, and I'm old enough to be his Grandma!! hehe

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='02 February 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1265155576' post='2050050']

ed
[/quote]
:getaclue:

• 2 weeks later...

Mexican coke. The design of the classic glass bottles leads to consuming less over a similar period of time, and really, you can't beat the taste of good old fashioned sugar. None of that corn syrup garbage for me.