An Old School Catholic Message Board

For All You Dominican Types!

Thomist-in-Training

Thomist-in-Training

Happy Feast of All Dominican Saints! :saint: :))

Who are your favorite "obscure" ones? I guess actually part of the problem is that Dominicans are apparently slackers on the canonization-pushing front, so a lot of the good ones stay Blessed. I love Bl. Jordan of Saxony & Fra Angelico (now an official Blessed). But I like all the ones everyone's heard of too :lol:

Blessed Feast of All Dominican Saints!!

I <3 Bl. Jordan, Bl. Diana, Bl. Amata, Bl. Imelda, St. Peter Martyr ....

Yeah Dominicans have a lot of Blesseds.

Yay Dominican Saints!! I was born on a Dominican's feast, and I'm named after a Dominican.... I wonder if that means anything? :rolleyes: :topsy: :saint:

Lioness For Christ

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1415793' date='Nov 7 2007, 05:05 PM']What a wonderful day.

Lest we forget Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati!!!

YESSSSSS.[/quote]

Haha! He's my FAVE!!! and Bl. Imelda, and uh... St. Dominic, and St. Roland.... St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Rose... St. MARTIN DE PORRES!! and others

AlterDominicus

Saint John Masias, Bl. Jordan of Saxony, Bl. Diana d'Andalo, Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Vincent Ferrer, the Blessed Mother who appeared to Saint Dominic and Bl. Jordan telling them that for all eternity she will keep the Order under her mantle of protection.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

OH Dominicans, we have such a great Dominican fan club here on phatmass!!

Bl. Margaret of Costello... so awesome!

oh yeah..although bl. bartolo longo and st. dominic are my favorites..right now i am praying to St. martin de porres for melporcristo in honduras :)

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1415796' date='Nov 7 2007, 05:09 PM']Yay Dominican Saints!! I was born on a Dominican's feast, and I'm named after a Dominican.... I wonder if that means anything? :rolleyes: :topsy: :saint:[/quote]

[quote name='Lioness For Christ' post='1415841' date='Nov 7 2007, 06:00 PM']Haha! He's my FAVE!!! and Bl. Imelda, and uh... St. Dominic, and St. Roland.... St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Rose... St. MARTIN DE PORRES!! and others[/quote]

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1415871' date='Nov 7 2007, 07:26 PM']Saint John Masias, Bl. Jordan of Saxony, Bl. Diana d'Andalo, Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Vincent Ferrer, the Blessed Mother who appeared to Saint Dominic and Bl. Jordan telling them that for all eternity she will keep the Order under her mantle of protection.[/quote]

The three Discerning Dominican Minnesotans... all in a row :rolleyes:

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

Blessed Margaret of Castello, Saint Martin de Porres, Rose of Lima, John masias, Tgomas aquinas! There are some many good ones and this is definately one of my favorite days

i didn't know that there was a feast of all dominican saints (and blesseds). shows what little I know :)
but I am glad my budding dominican friends and aquaintances here have lots of role models in Heaven keeping an eye out for them :)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1415925' date='Nov 7 2007, 09:38 PM']The three Discerning Dominican Minnesotans... all in a row :rolleyes:[/quote]

WOW!!! :mellow: :wacko: :shock: :blink: I didnt even see that! Thanks for pointing that out sister. :lol: