An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Nice To Terrorists

dairygirl4u2c

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Despite their fearsome reputation (the result of ignorant anti-terrorist bigotry and Evil Right-wing propaganda), terrorists are actually very sensitive souls, and it would be intolerably cruel to hurt their delicate feelings. That might lead to serious self-esteem issues later in their lives.

The preferred interrogation method with terrorists is to use positive reinforcement techniques, such as rewarding them with candy or other special treats if they give helpful information. If the info to be gained is especially important, you can promise them a special day, such as a trip to a favorite amusement park ("Aladdin"-themed rides at Disney parks are always a popular option with terrorists). In addition to providing positive reinforcement for the terrorist, such trips can often be fulfilling bonding experiences for both terrorist and interrogator.

Edited by Socrates

Socrates forgot to mention how much the terrorists love getting back rubs. The best way to get intelligence from [i]any[/i] source is through expert massage therapy.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1415703' date='Nov 7 2007, 01:19 PM']they like a rousing game of chess, too.

:)[/quote]
Not to mention setting up and knocking down straw men. :saint:

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1415710' date='Nov 7 2007, 01:29 PM']Not to mention setting up and knocking down straw men. :saint:[/quote]

just to point out. if it's a joke then it's not a strawman. the actual arguments have been made in other threads. in fact, the side not addressing issues it seems to me is mostly those who are anti torture. we eventually got some substantial actual argumentation from those anti though.
maybe those who are anti torture but not for wake boarding. they might be straw manning. i don't know.

I think this thread has brought out the humanity of the terrorists if anything, opposed to their view as dark shadows of some ethnic origin in the middle east.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1415817' date='Nov 7 2007, 06:38 PM']just to point out. if it's a joke then it's not a strawman. the actual arguments have been made in other threads. in fact, the side not addressing issues it seems to me is mostly those who are anti torture. we eventually got some substantial actual argumentation from those anti though.
maybe those who are anti torture but not for wake boarding. they might be straw manning. i don't know.[/quote]
What do they have against wakeboarding? Are they "purists" who feel it's an insult to the noble sport of waterskiing?

Indeed. I hope they don't have anything against it. It's a sweet emerging sport. I know guys my age who shoot videos of their wakeboarding skills.

If you want your threat of violence to be taken seriously, then somebody you are associated with must actually do it at sometime with enough severity to lead the terrorist to believe you are also capable of doing it. With that in mind, you must at least be in support of your associate's actions to be capable of using their reputation as your source of credibility. This is a situation a Catholic cannot support. Yell at a terrorist? Sure. As you would yell at anyone who was in a threatening, adversarial position to you or one of your loved ones.