An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I Honoring My Parents?

SaintOlaf

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Monica4U' post='1418574' date='Nov 13 2007, 01:55 AM']For me, if Dad said it to me, I'd probably ask him straight out if he is implying he wants me to move away. If he dared to say yes after you responded to his question about forsaking all they taught, I would tell him respectfully that you'll work on making it happen.[/quote]

I guess this is where we differ, you are much more like Dad than I am, (I mean that in the stubbornness factor). I try to be the politician I guess :P

[quote]However, knowing Dad, I doubt that he had that in mind. I'm thinking he was more expecting you to hold off the Catholic switch until you're out of their household.[/quote]

I thought about this briefly, I even thought about not telling them about my conversion, but Brian and Pat really helped to push me along. Delayed obedience can be construed as disobedience, and I'm sure if he felt about this the way that I do, he wouldn't be delaying on it either.

As a side note, things have at least been better. My parents are more open to discussion, though our discussions are generally short and pointed. At least now they are listening to what I have to say, as opposed to not wanting to hear any of it.

I pray that I will be a shining example, and that they will see the work that has been done in my life.