An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Torture

Groo the Wanderer

Do you think each of these scenarios is torture?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1411463' date='Oct 30 2007, 08:41 AM']Yes, I have.

That wasn't sarcasm. That was a knee-jerk response and you made an error. Sarcasm is pretty easy to pick out. As are mistakes born of youth and inexperience.[/quote]

yawn

[quote name='S][N' post='1411560' date='Oct 30 2007, 03:40 PM']
Yawn yet again. Please keep your judgementalism to yourself. kkthxbai.[/quote]
You asked very nicely, but I'm going to have to say no. If you conducted yourself with a modicum of decency, I wouldn't have any real ammunition. Your other option is to develop the ability to laugh at yourself, but continue being a pretend non-American atheist. The text message thing is cute; I never imagined you as a cheerleader type.

MissScripture

[quote name='S][N' post='1411560' date='Oct 30 2007, 02:40 PM']
Yawn yet again. Please keep your judgementalism to yourself. kkthxbai.[/quote]
:unsure: But aren't you being just as judgmental by calling him judgemental?

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1411570' date='Oct 30 2007, 04:03 PM']:unsure: But aren't you being just as judgmental by calling him judgemental?[/quote]We've got a good pot and kettle dynamic going--you shush!

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1411586' date='Oct 30 2007, 04:26 PM']Who the ---- rubs bacon on a terrorist?[/quote]
Interrogators who are sick and tired of seeing Taliban and AlQaeda iceholes ruining the world with their asinine objectives.

MissScripture

[quote name='Winchester' post='1411580' date='Oct 30 2007, 03:21 PM']We've got a good pot and kettle dynamic going--you shush![/quote]
Sorry...I just couldn't resist. I'll butt out now. :saint:

God forbid that innocent human lives be spared at the cost of a terrorist's good night sleep, or by making him scared!

Shoot, some of the training at USMC OCS would make these bleeding hearts keel over in horror!

But, comfort over human life, of course! That's the new "Catholic" way.

God save us all!

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1411570' date='Oct 30 2007, 03:03 PM']:unsure: But aren't you being just as judgmental by calling him judgemental?[/quote]

Nit-picking bores me. And No. :)

I have to say that no one who is against torture wants innocent people to die or is choosing "comfort" over "human life." It's not an either/or situation. The pro-abortion people like to claim that the Church doesn't care about women with unwanted pregnancies, and that we value the life of the child over the life of the poor mother. Of course, we value both lives. It's the same way with the torture debate (which I can't believe Christians are actually arguing about!) It's the spirit of evil that tells the poverty-stricken women, or our leaders determining the treatment of prisoners, that they "have no choice" and that, regrettably, they have to choose evil. There is ALWAYS a choice.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Maggie' post='1411849' date='Oct 31 2007, 12:04 AM']I have to say that no one who is against torture wants innocent people to die or is choosing "comfort" over "human life." It's not an either/or situation. The pro-abortion people like to claim that the Church doesn't care about women with unwanted pregnancies, and that we value the life of the child over the life of the poor mother. Of course, we value both lives. It's the same way with the torture debate (which I can't believe Christians are actually arguing about!) It's the spirit of evil that tells the poverty-stricken women, or our leaders determining the treatment of prisoners, that they "have no choice" and that, regrettably, they have to choose evil. There is ALWAYS a choice.[/quote]
Absolutely. We're actually debating about whether torture is a Bad Thing.