An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is There So Much Hate?

rachael

But I also wonder, gauging by some of the posts in the thread about the cantor shacking up with her fornication partner, why some of the Catholics oppose the Church enforcing its own standards?

I don't oppose enforcing the Church's standards. But I oppose people getting into other people's personal lives when it isn't their business. :)

Edited by rachael

Spamity Calamity

[quote name='rachael' post='1410589' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:53 AM']This is why I am often not able to post seriously on here - I know that A) often times, no one is going to take my opinion seriously, and therefore they tell me how wrong I am every single time,[/quote]

Just wanted to point out that just because someone disagrees with you doesnt really mean its an attack no matter how many times they disagree with you. Unless they are saying OMG you smell of elderberries roflcopters lamerz! or something. anyhoo that is all

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1411092' date='Oct 29 2007, 01:10 PM']Just wanted to point out that just because someone disagrees with you doesnt really mean its an attack no matter how many times they disagree with you. Unless they are saying OMG you smell of elderberries roflcopters lamerz! or something. anyhoo that is all[/quote]
I know...the attacks I am talking about are separate from that. :lol_roll:

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1411092' date='Oct 29 2007, 01:10 PM']Just wanted to point out that just because someone disagrees with you doesnt really mean its an attack no matter how many times they disagree with you. Unless they are saying OMG you smell of elderberries roflcopters lamerz! or something. anyhoo that is all[/quote]
I know...the attacks I am talking about are separate from that. :lol_roll:

dairygirl4u2c

fear.... of things differnt than you

ignorance... of things that would change your perspective if only you knew

stubbornness... pride, the deadliest of sins, denies people from changing their view when appropriate

frustration.. not able to know it all, some resort to fundamentalism that is fundamental only to political winds than any notion of truth

group think.. people do not want to be seen as a liberal nutjob or conservative whacko to their friends

frustration.. at life and at God, can be taken out on the debate table

lack of critical thinking capability... i think most can get to the truth if they try. some probably cannot though. and when faced with opposing views it's hard to discern the right position automatically. it takes dicipline and humility amoung other things. doing this wrong or being unable will lead to frustration.

i've been guilty of all these, as has everyone else. they will subside as you grow in the ways of God.

dairygirl4u2c

fear.... of things differnt than you

stubbornness... pride, the deadliest of sins, denies people from changing their view when appropriate

frustration.. not able to know it all, some resort to fundamentalism that is fundamental only to political winds than any notion of truth

group think.. people do not want to be seen as a liberal nutjob or conservative whacko to their friends

lack of critical thinking capability... i think most can get to the truth if they try. some probably cannot though. and when faced with opposing views it's hard to discern the right position automatically. it takes dicipline and humility amoung other things. doing this wrong or being unable will lead to frustration.

i've been guilty of all these, as has everyone else. they will subside as you grow in the ways of God.

[quote name='S][N' post='1411101' date='Oct 29 2007, 02:51 PM']
Go Dusk Go! Your digging that grave all by yourself without me![/quote]

I don't see why I need your help. I'll make my own grave, fyi. I never asked for your help. And you know what they say about assuming it makes an ass out of u and me. I preferer not to be called one, so that leaves just you.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1411100' date='Oct 29 2007, 01:51 PM']fear.... of things differnt than you

i've been guilty of all these, as has everyone else. they will subside as you grow in the ways of God.[/quote]

for once, i can actually agree with you on a few things. :)

I'm always thinking bad
I never have nothing good to say
I'd rather tear things down
Than build them up
It's easier that way
I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate Dr. Martens
And Muscle T's
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery
I'll cut you down and give you lip
Being positive's so unhip
I'll cut you down cause I'm a fool
Being positive's so uncool

It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and I like that fine
(Liking something's just a waste of time)
It's cool to hate

The Debate Table often is the scene of strong emotion. That can be seen as hate to some. i am not alwys sure they are the same thing.