An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is There So Much Hate?

rachael

I'm not trying to being rude cmom, but have you looked at the Debate Table lately? There are many attacks on certain groups. It may not be forthright like, "I hate so and so," but it certainly exists. Or people completely dismiss everyone else's opinions. I'm sorry, but people do tend to think in black and white on the debate table.

This is why I am often not able to post seriously on here - I know that A) often times, no one is going to take my opinion seriously, and therefore they tell me how wrong I am every single time, B) people aren't going to take me seriously because of my age (and they don't), C) people often think in black and white on here, and they believe there is no middle ground...just go look at many of the posts! D) The attitudes of many people are just poo. Why do so many people act utterly sanctimonious?

Feel free to disagree with me as much as you want, but I am not the one who feels this way.

Edited by rachael

[quote name='carrdero' post='1410565' date='Oct 28 2007, 04:22 AM'][b]Why Is There So Much Hate?[/b]
If I was to take a worldview perspective of it, I would deduce because there is so much fear, ignorance and/or misunderstanding.[/quote]
i would tend to agree with this... maybe if we were less worried about being right and more worried about understaning where people are coming from..maybe their would be less hate??

but what do i know.. i spend my hours in the lame board.....

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1410595' date='Oct 28 2007, 10:54 AM']i would tend to agree with this... maybe if we were less worried about being right and more worried about understaning where people are coming from..maybe their would be less hate??[/quote]
:clap:

[quote]A) often times, no one is going to take my opinion seriously, and therefore they tell me how wrong I am every single time,[/quote]

You're wrong

[quote]B) people aren't going to take me seriously because of my age (and they don't),[/quote]

You must not know anything you're younger/older than me!

[quote]C) people often think in black and white on here, and they believe there is no middle ground...just go look at many of the posts![/quote]

Well if I typed in white no one could see

[quote]D) The attitudes of many people are just poo. Why do so many people act utterly sanctimonious?[/quote]

I'm "hypocritically pious or devout" becuase its fun!!!!

Edited by Autumn Dusk

[quote name='rachael' post='1410602' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:10 PM']Autumn Dusk, please don't mock me. Thank you. :)[/quote]

This is the debate table and you set yourself up for debate...I'm only doing my job as a member

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1410606' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:12 AM']This is the debate table and you set yourself up for debate...I'm only doing my job as a member[/quote]
Debate doesn't include mocking other people. If you want to mock people, move it to the Lame board.

[quote name='rachael' post='1410612' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:16 PM']Debate doesn't include mocking other people. If you want to mock people, move it to the Lame board.[/quote]

Although I look mighty and powerful I can't move threads

[quote name='rachael' post='1410620' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:21 PM']Please stop. Thank you. <_<[/quote]

stop
stop
stop
stop
stop
stop
stop
stop
stop

and thank you, that was fun, anything else you want me to do?

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1410599' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:07 AM']You're wrong
You must not know anything you're younger/older than me!
Well if I typed in white no one could see
I'm "hypocritically pious or devout" becuase its fun!!!![/quote]

AD-

idk if you are working out some issues in your life, or you think you are funny, but show some compassion. It's a trait Our Saviour exhibited on many occasions. I see 'Catholic' somewhere in your info. So please, as your brother in Christ, act like it.

As i have learned.... sometime the quest to be funny can be quite heartless, and you are proving that now.

If you have nothing real to respond with, please mock me now.

-MIKolbe

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1410623' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:24 PM']AD-

idk if you are working out some issues in your life, or you think you are funny, but show some compassion. It's a trait Our Saviour exhibited on many occasions. I see 'Catholic' somewhere in your info. So please, as your brother in Christ, act like it.

As i have learned.... sometime the quest to be funny can be quite heartless, and you are proving that now.

If you have nothing real to respond with, please mock me now.

-MIKolbe[/quote]

hi mikobe, I have no need to mock those who ask for it. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='rachael' post='1410620' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:21 AM']Please stop. Thank you. <_<[/quote]

or at least be... I don't know...

Funny?

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1410633' date='Oct 28 2007, 12:44 PM']or at least be... I don't know...

Funny?[/quote]

My roomate laughed

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1410634' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:47 AM']My roomate laughed[/quote]

I'm guessing your roommate owes you money or something?

Or do you possibly room with Carrottop?