An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are The Churches Empty?

hyperdulia again

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1409357' date='Oct 25 2007, 08:18 PM']So 2+2 can equal 4 for you but pi for me?????[/quote]
I can clearly evidence that 2+2=4 for you. Whether you choose to accept this Truth is entirely up to you.

[quote]Norseman82 writes: Look, sometimes there is only one right answer.

Either Christ is the second Person of the Trinity or He is not.

Either Christ is fully God and fully man or He is not.

Either a validly consecrated Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ or It is not.

Either having sex outside of a valid sacramental heterosexual marriage is a grave sin or it is not.

Either there is a heaven and hell or there is not.[/quote]
So which value is it going to be?

Is it a Truth or an Untruth?

Keep in mind that one cannot hope it to Truth and one cannot believe it to Truth.

If one has the Truth and they wanted to share this Truth in the efforts of convincing someone else. What form of evidence would they utilize?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1409528' date='Oct 26 2007, 10:22 AM']I can clearly evidence that 2+2=4 for you.[/quote]

Really? It's actually a harder proof than at first thought.

I go to a "regular" mass and its pretty much empty

I go to the "quickie" mass and its half to three-quarters full

I go to a Lifeteen or youth mass (that stays within the NO GIRM) and its filled with people of all ages

I go to a very traditional mass and its filled with mostly older people but some middle age.

hyperdulia again

[quote name='Winchester' post='1409286' date='Oct 25 2007, 05:33 PM']Persecution is probably what we need.[/quote]
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Winny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the Churches are yet to be filled because there is a lot of negativity and jugdementalism going around. Overbearing internal-Church politics seem to scare people away, as well. But there is hope when there are good people who care! I believe there are still quite a few of those folks left.

Edited by abercius24