An Old School Catholic Message Board

Most Overrated Controversial Film?

PapaHilarious

Taking Out the Trash  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[i]Crash[/i] was awesome, I loved the irony in it. The St. Christopher scene was great! (Ok, as you can see I'm not the greatest movie reviewer, and can only think of lame adjectives to describe it!).

I didn't see [i]Pan's Labyrinth[/i].

[i]Million Dollar Baby[/i] was just...eh, kinda boring. nothing special.

[i]Brokeback Mt. [/i] was a see-once, I'm not going to watch it again kind of movie. It was playing for free on campus, so I saw it with my ultra-liberal friend.

Edited by Lena

PapaHilarious

[quote name='Deeds' post='1408704' date='Oct 24 2007, 03:43 PM']I loved Crash and Pan's Labyrinth.[/quote]

I love [i]Leprechaun 4,[/i] too. But sadly, we must face the facts. If the thread deems them to be "overrated" and "sinfests" then who are we to argue? The thread has spoken.

Our real task is deciding which film is indeed the carpiest. :think:

Crash I think was amazing, very well done. The scene with the locksmith and his daughter near the end brings me to tears every time (I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it).

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth tonight, also very well done, I really didn't find much of anything controversial about it I guess though, not really sure how it fits on the list with the others.

PapaHilarious

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1409012' date='Oct 25 2007, 01:57 AM']Crash I think was amazing, very well done. The scene with the locksmith and his daughter near the end brings me to tears every time (I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it).

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth tonight, also very well done, I really didn't find much of anything controversial about it I guess though, not really sure how it fits on the list with the others.[/quote]

Good analysis of [i]Crash[/i]. I was also bored to tears by it.

As for [i]Pan's Lies[/i], it was discussed some on the first page.

• 2 weeks later...
cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='hecklingsoul' post='1407678' date='Oct 23 2007, 04:24 AM']I just recently tried to watch [b]The Da Vinci Code[/b]. I couldn't finish watching it. It was just too lame. And I mean that in the literal sense.

There were some interesting ideas in the plot, but the whole thing was just too far fetched and poorly acted, especially by Tom Hanks (who I usually really like by the way). It just seemed fake. I was really aware that I was watching actors in a movie the whole time. The actors almost seemed to be aware of the camera. It was bad.[/quote]

The whole thing was hilarious. As soon as I managed to get the chuckling under control, something new happened to amuse me. There is one part where Robert Langdon looks at Sophie and says melodramatically, "Quick! To the library!" before sprinting off. At that point none of us could contain ourselves. As one of my friends put it, "This is the most realistic part - it is something that Vicky would actually do."