An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey Steubie Barons

catholicinsd

Is anyone in Steubenville literally starving to death? No. There are many hungry people in America but the chances of someone actually dying of famine are pretty much nil.

There is a lot more deadly spiritual famine in our country, however, and the Steubie grads are uniquely equipped to alleviate that hunger.

I was helping at a retreat 2 weeks ago, and the leader wasn't eating, he was so busy. I told him he had to eat and he said "I feast on the commands of the Lord."

He's a senior in high school, and he knows what's what.

Who owns these servers? who's paying for phatmass to run? obviously, they're uncharitable. they should be giving all they have to the poor. They're not really doing any good in the world right now...

[quote name='Maggie' post='1405595' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:16 PM']There is a lot more deadly spiritual famine in our country, however, and the Steubie grads are uniquely equipped to alleviate that hunger.[/quote]

So why didn't Nick, and the rest of the Barons, do anything to help Ashley when she was going through her issues?

Since I believe that this entire topic was created to simply bring down a fantastic Catholic institution as well as to reignite a situation that occurred some time ago regarding another member, I'm closing it.

catholicinsd - why don't you take a break, man? Step away from the PC and get some fresh air. This entire topic is ridiculous.

For those who have sacrificed to serve the Church in going into debt to attend Steubenville - we thank you!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1405599' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:23 PM']So why didn't Nick, and the rest of the Barons, do anything to help Ashley when she was going through her issues?[/quote]
As a side note in a closed thread, Nick spoke extensively with Ashley to try to help her. Again, you see so many things, good things, that need to be done, and you respond with fervor, which is great, but then you go accusing others of sitting idly by when they've done tons for numerous others. I'm sorry, but we can't all attend to each individual need with 100% of ourselves. If I give 100% to a pro-life cause, I will not have 100% to give to the poor. You seem to get upset when anyone gives themselves to any cause besides the poor. We are all members of one body, but one is the hand and one is the foot, we don't have the same functions.

Anyway, my point is this: leave Nick alone. Nick is a good man and you have no right to slander him by making it sound as if he's done nothing. You don't know him and you don't know what he's going through. You don't know what reasons he may have for the things he does. You don't have any right to judge him for any reason whatsoever.