An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of Charity

Lioness For Christ

Lioness For Christ

[url="http://www.sistersofcharity.com/"]http://www.sistersofcharity.com/[/url]
I'm kinda late posting this... I kept forgetting... But it's a really cool orthodox order! :D

I wish all the communities in the Order had stayed as Orthodox. Unfortunately the ones by me don't wear a habit anymore...not even a pin. :( [I'm not saying they are heterodox...I'm just saying that they don't wear a habit]

:D Yes these sisters are faithful to the church.I wrote them over 10 years ago for information.
I didn't see it mentioned on their website,but another community joined together with them.
According to the information the sisters sent,in 1974 the american house of the Sisters of Charity of Zams,Austria amalgamated to their community.

I met those sisters at World Youth Day in Germany - they're awesome! They send out a really neat email newsletter once a week with quiz questions and good stories :)

Lioness For Christ

[quote name='trace85' post='1405861' date='Oct 19 2007, 10:46 PM']I met those sisters at World Youth Day in Germany - they're awesome! They send out a really neat email newsletter once a week with quiz questions and good stories :)[/quote]

Ooh.. How do you "subscribe"?

[quote name='Lioness For Christ' post='1406009' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:15 AM']Ooh.. How do you "subscribe"?[/quote]

The email comes from this address: tjtmvocscmc@juno.com

If you want to subscribe just send an email to that address and say that you want to get the weekly email called "Three Q's for the week"

Hope that helps! God bless!

the lords sheep

I love this order! Their so beautiful!
I believe, (but could be very wrong, please correct me if so!!) that the Sisters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love were founded out of this group sometime in the 90s????)

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1407177' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:14 PM']I love this order! Their so beautiful!
I believe, (but could be very wrong, please correct me if so!!) that the Sisters of Mary, Mother of Healing Love were founded out of this group sometime in the 90s????)[/quote]

I think you are correct--I don't have the link readily available, but I believe that is what the Mother of Healing Love community states on their website.

• 2 weeks later...