An Old School Catholic Message Board

Brokeback Watchers?

dairygirl4u2c

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw it, didn't really think it was all that great and not because of the homosexuality. outside of that (a huge reason why it had so much hoopla), the story line was a little boring.

photosynthesis

I saw it with my [secular] mom. I spent most of the time in the theater with my eyes closed, since I didn't like what I saw. The score was really nice, though... if you block out some of the sound effects.

dairygirl4u2c

isn't that what the second choice is for? not catholic, but against it.. ie similar to the CC in that you're against it.

I didn't go to see it either. It was rated as morally offensive by the Catholic Conference, so I figured it wasn't something I needed to bother with.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1405166' date='Oct 19 2007, 01:01 AM']isn't that what the second choice is for? not catholic, but against it.. ie similar to the CC in that you're against it.[/quote]

And I completely missed that option somehow. Sorry for screwing up the poll results by one. :sweat:

dairygirl4u2c

i did leave out tho... "n, and i am not catholic but against all that" which prob a significant number of prot christians here.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one not know or refuses to speculate if one has seen a movie or not?

I never saw it and still can't figure out why anyone gay or straight would want to see this movie.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1411020' date='Oct 29 2007, 07:11 AM']How does one not know or refuses to speculate if one has seen a movie or not?

I never saw it and still can't figure out why anyone gay or straight would want to see this movie.[/quote]

+

Amen. It would be like going to see a movie about pedophiles -deeply disturbing and wrong on so many levels- except that most people in our culture have been desensitized to the deeply offensive and disordered nature of the homosexual act due to repeated exposure in the media to homosexuality and it's alleged "normalcy" and "benigness" (Ellen, Sex in the City, Will and Grace, qwerty Eye, Rosie, basically all of "Bravo" and "HGTV" etc.). There's a lot of wool over a lot of eyes, especially by young people. Lord have Mercy and bring us your light of truth!

Edited by Veritas