An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bannings Of Various Sins

dairygirl4u2c

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All true Christian marriages, Protestant included, are sacramental. As such, my attending a wedding in a Protestant parish by my Protestant cousin and his lovely wife was my bearing witness as a Catholic to its sacramental nature. Further, marriages between a man and a woman are naturally blessed, Christian, Jewish or heathen alike. As such, these are not in and of themselves sinful, as they are the natural order established by God.

Government recognition of homosexual marriages are not as cut and dry, and there are [i]some[/i] logically defensible reasons to oppose a constitutional definition, not that I agree. As such, I will continue to seek such a ban.

As for masturbation and fornication, while a law on the books won't do much without being obscenely intrusive, it would be something that can be tagged onto those who like showing off to the world their perversions. I nearly threw up not too long ago after what I saw in the park.

dairygirl4u2c

i'm pretty sure disorderly conduct or public #%*# whatever from the common law would prohibit obscene acts in teh park. it'd help if you had a clear cut law, but if that's the only reason you'd want to ban fornication and masturbation, i'd think you should own up for better reasons. otherwise, at least to me it seems, you're searching for a reason to justify banning them that is rather flimsy.
if you can't find any decent reasons, that should tell you something.

dairygirl4u2c

i really don't know why people are against fornication and masturbation, as in banning it. the best argument i cna think of "that stuff affects society too much, and they are much worse than other sins in the effect on society"

cause if you think they should just be banned cause they are really bad, or if you think that all sins should be banned, and that's all the reason you need, i really cannot comprehend why you think it should be banned. esp since they want to sin, and that's all that's needed to commit mortal sin even if they don't do it.

"should non catholic marriages be barred from government recognition by constitutional ban?"

Umm no.

"should homosexual unions be barred from government recognition by constitution ban?"

Now this is tricky, Marriage and Union are different...Unions won't be recognized anyways, but are you using 'Union' to mean Marriage? That needs to be clarified.

"should masturbation and fornication be banned, aside from the fact that it would be hard to enforce?"

LOL. I guarentee the people that voted Yes on this do those same acts they condemn.

Sorry dairy, but this one is just stupid, has no place in reality.