An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Monarch Of Catholic Prophecy

kafka

The Great Monarch of Catholic Prophecy  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='kafka' post='1407445' date='Oct 22 2007, 06:11 PM']My book focuses primarily on new insights into the Great Monarch, his life and times.[/quote]
You mean the Burger King?

[quote name='Winchester' post='1419956' date='Nov 15 2007, 05:26 PM']You mean the Burger King?[/quote]

I like to jest, but I assure you this is no laughing matter

KnightofChrist

Speaking of prophecy of the end times all together its sad many catholics dont really care for learning it. Often I believe, it is because protestants think so highly of it. So catholics rejection of end times seems to be more of a anti-protestant position than anything.

We fail to know the most important things. Not when is Christ returning but how. Most Catholics can not correctly answer the following questions.

When Christ does return how will you know its really Him and not Satan pretending to be Christ?

Is the Book of the Apocalypse really prophetic for all times or just a symbolic book for the people of its time?

Edited by KnightofChrist

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' post='1407445' date='Oct 22 2007, 07:11 PM']I've heard he has come up with a few good insights, but I've never read it myself. My book focuses primarily on new insights into the Great Monarch, his life and times.[/quote]
I suggest you read it, he did an entire series on EWTN on the subject:)

[quote name='kafka' post='1419961' date='Nov 15 2007, 05:40 PM']I like to jest, but I assure you this is no laughing matter[/quote]
It's not a sin to mock evil, and certainly not to pretend Jesus's admonition that we know not the hour was anything less but truth. There are no peculiarly Catholic prophecies that I am required to believe, nor must I worry about any king but Christ. The antichrists may all go to hell.

If God is with us, who can stand against?

KnightofChrist

But we are required to believe in Catholic prophecies of canonical Scripture, namely the book of the Apocalypse. As for private prophecies we can not quickly reject them, or speak disrespectful of the prophecy or of the prophet when they are trustworthy, namely Saints canonized by Holy Mother Church.

If we believe we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the Anti-Christ we are sadly mistaken.

[color="#FF0000"]For many will come in my name saying, I am Christ: and they will [b]seduce many.[/b][/color]

Worried for uneducated souls. If people read their whole bibles with the true Catholic understanding, they could not and would not be seduced by Satan, and other false prophets.

God knows what is in our hearts. Merely being fooled is not enough to beaver dam you. I think He's got a lock on human frailty. Intent plays a role in sin that even the actor sometimes cannot fathom.

Revelation has happened is happening and will happen.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Winchester' post='1422875' date='Nov 20 2007, 01:45 PM']God knows what is in our hearts. Merely being fooled is not enough to beaver dam you. I think He's got a lock on human frailty. Intent plays a role in sin that even the actor sometimes cannot fathom.

Revelation has happened is happening and will happen.[/quote]

I dont quite understand what you are saying. Could someone be seduced by the Anti-Christ, thinking the he was Christ and still not be damned?

If that is what is being said, that is highly doubtful.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1423144' date='Nov 20 2007, 11:45 PM']I dont quite understand what you are saying. Could someone be seduced by the Anti-Christ, thinking the he was Christ and still not be damned?

If that is what is being said, that is highly doubtful.[/quote]
What are the three requirements for one to be culpable for a mortal sin?

• 1 year later...
cmotherofpirl

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1423144' date='Nov 21 2007, 12:45 AM']I dont quite understand what you are saying. Could someone be seduced by the Anti-Christ, thinking the he was Christ and still not be damned?

If that is what is being said, that is highly doubtful.[/quote]
Do you think God will send us to hell for being seduced by the Anti-Christ?

People can be seduced into doing something. If someone is ignorant and they do not know any better would you condemn them to hell? Seriously...you cannot blame people if they do not know any better.

I have no problem with end times and reading it if it comes from someone with authority. It is an interesting subject. But, if I had a choice, I wouldn't study it. I am not concerned with it. You will say I should be, but if I live my life the way I live it, why should I worry?

[quote name='picchick' post='1743548' date='Jan 5 2009, 03:02 PM']I have no problem with end times and reading it if it comes from someone with authority. It is an interesting subject. But, if I had a choice, I wouldn't study it.[/quote]

that's my thinking on it exactly. I know enough theology to know I am not competent to discuss it with authority. I don't even like to go into the part of the building where they teach it.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1743621' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:41 PM']I know enough theology to know I am not competent to discuss it with authority[/quote]
;)

Edited by nvzbl