An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Great Monarch Of Catholic Prophecy

kafka

The Great Monarch of Catholic Prophecy  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Hirsap' post='1405266' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:56 AM']Just remember with regard to Prophecy: stay far far far from millinearism of any kind. I once (regrettably) viewed a website which detailed 'events', i.e.: a Second Coming before ''the'' Second Coming - crazy.[/quote]

and no the The Great Monarch nor my book have anything to do with the heresy of millenarianism

[quote name='S][N' post='1405244' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:54 AM']
Could you be more of a racist bigot? I mean seriously...try a bit more. .[/quote]
lol

I guess I'd be interested in hearing about this prophecy, but I personally do not give very much weight to those who discuss the prophecies given by the saints. Prophecy is very tricky in its interpretation, and only the Church on a Universal and Solemn basis can really give proper guidance to that interpretation process. And as a general rule, the Church doesn't delve into much of a discussion on the prophecies of the saints. Most discussion comes from smaller, isolated groups whom I find to be rather radical and inflamatory in their use of such prophecies. Too much speculation makes for bad teaching and dangerous religious practice. I would like to see the Church as a whole begin a more thorough discussion on this basis, but until then I prefer to sit as a spectator in that sport if I choose to involve myself at all.

Edited by abercius24

prophecy is difficult to intrepret and speculate on. It takes time. It takes hours of prayerful reading of Sacred Scripture, help from private revelation and a certain wisdom. Ultimately prophecy is meant to enlighten and comfort those who live during the Tribulation, since in those times there will be severe sufferings and evil on earth especially for the faithful.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='abercius24' post='1405718' date='Oct 19 2007, 08:45 PM']I guess I'd be interested in hearing about this prophecy, but I personally do not give very much weight to those who discuss the prophecies given by the saints. Prophecy is very tricky in its interpretation, and only the Church on a Universal and Solemn basis can really give proper guidance to that interpretation process. And as a general rule, the Church doesn't delve into much of a discussion on the prophecies of the saints. Most discussion comes from smaller, isolated groups whom I find to be rather radical and inflamatory in their use of such prophecies. Too much speculation makes for bad teaching and dangerous religious practice. I would like to see the Church as a whole begin a more thorough discussion on this basis, but until then I prefer to sit as a spectator in that sport if I choose to involve myself at all.[/quote]
Kindly read "Trial, Tribulation and Triumph" by Desmond Birch, catholic theologian who regularly appears on EWTN, and in fact did a whole series on Catholic teaching and the endtimes. He discusses the prophecies in great detail.

No, no, and no.

Don't get me wrong, I think that we must be prepared for our Judgment at all times, cause you never know. So, being prepared is important.

I also believe it is very important that Catholics have a good sense of history, that they may recognize and prepare for bad times and good alike. If we are to face the Antichrist tomorrow, it doesn't make our courage any less if we face with principled determination against enemies of the Church that precede him.

[quote name='Dismas' post='1406904' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:22 PM']No, no, and no.

Don't get me wrong, I think that we must be prepared for our Judgment at all times, cause you never know. So, being prepared is important.

I also believe it is very important that Catholics have a good sense of history, that they may recognize and prepare for bad times and good alike. If we are to face the Antichrist tomorrow, it doesn't make our courage any less if we face with principled determination against enemies of the Church that precede him.[/quote]
Agreed.

Btw, isn't "the Great Monarch" also supposed to finish the Christian conquest of the Holy Land and defeat Islam once and for all? If that's true, I must say that would be quite a turn around for France.

looks like there are some genuinely interested in this subject. My book will be published in a few months, and I'll offer a freedownload for those interested sometime next year.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1406883' date='Oct 21 2007, 09:30 PM']Kindly read "Trial, Tribulation and Triumph" by Desmond Birch, catholic theologian who regularly appears on EWTN, and in fact did a whole series on Catholic teaching and the endtimes. He discusses the prophecies in great detail.[/quote]

I've heard he has come up with a few good insights, but I've never read it myself. My book focuses primarily on new insights into the Great Monarch, his life and times.