An Old School Catholic Message Board

Street Preacher Preaches In Catholic Church Youtube Video

slushpuppy

Is this effective?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='slushpuppy' post='1401935' date='Oct 13 2007, 08:57 PM']Take a look at this

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoEfp2eEA1c"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoEfp2eEA1c[/url]

I found this video on youtube and wanted to bring it to the attention of my friends here. Does anyone think this is effective preaching? Do you think anyone in this church took this guy seriously?[/quote]

I didn't even watch the video. The fact that we're talking about him here is proof of his effectiveness.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1403503' date='Oct 16 2007, 09:42 AM']Ooh ohh... We had a group like that come to our campus-- Brother Jim and Sister Pat. They attracted quite a crowd. They would X out (in the air) anyone who was saying something they disagreed with (kinda like my four year old does when he doesn't like something)... Pretty soon, everyone caught on and we were all X in the air simultainiously (with added sound effects). They referred to the girls as "whores" and the guys as "whoremongers" regardless of what they were wearing or how they behaved. My friend Brad was actually quite good at "dialoguing" with them (until he was Xed out).... what a fun afternoon. This group (there was another woman, too... but I can't remember her name) also claimed that they never sinned anymore now that they were saved. Ah college-- the freeflowing exchange of ideas. :hehehe:[/quote]

Yep, Brother Jim is all over the place. He would stop by the University of Louisville once or twice a year, but I haven't heard if he's been there lately since I graduated. A friend of mine who was in Intervarsity with me once talked to him in a one-on-one conversation (when he wasn't preaching) and she said he actually seemed more balanced than she expected, like all this preaching he does is more for the theatre and stirring things up than for communicating his honest beliefs. The cool thing was, you'd often have opportunities to share the Gospel with people in the crowd that you never would've talked to otherwise if Brother Jim hadn't caused all these people to interrupt their routine. Another friend of mine even got to do a little preaching of her own and when she went back the next day, someone in the crowd told everyone to shut up and listen to her!

There are some things about college that I miss...

For someone to be so disrespectful like that is sinful in itself. I have no idea who that man thinks he is to interrupt a service like that. Do they have son sense of dignity?

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1404261' date='Oct 17 2007, 11:55 AM']I didn't even watch the video. The fact that we're talking about him here is proof of his effectiveness.[/quote]

That's just silly. The only "effective" thing he's done is to prove what an idiot he is. Are you implying people here are easily swayed to 'false beliefs' by people running around and yelling? :|

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='S][N' post='1404272' date='Oct 17 2007, 02:17 PM']
That's just silly. The only "effective" thing he's done is to prove what an idiot he is. Are you implying people here are easily swayed to 'false beliefs' by people running around and yelling? :|[/quote]

Who says his objective is to convert people? He might just want attention, in which case, he's obviously done very well for himself.

Although, I read in the previous post that he interrupted a service... that's not so cool.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1404323' date='Oct 17 2007, 01:28 PM']Who says his objective is to convert people? He might just want attention, in which case, he's obviously done very well for himself.

Although, I read in the previous post that he interrupted a service... that's not so cool.[/quote]

Cause hes a christian running around a church spouting out biblical stuff.

Well he has my attention for now :) I don't have a problem with it.