An Old School Catholic Message Board

Street Preacher Preaches In Catholic Church Youtube Video

slushpuppy

Is this effective?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='XIX' post='1402298' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:10 PM']What's the debate?[/quote]

The debate is

Is this effective preaching?

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1401939' date='Oct 13 2007, 09:14 PM']What a very un-Christian guy, casting judgments against people he doesn't even know! It was nice that his voice was drowned out with "Alleluia".[/quote]

reminds me of these group of people that sit in the middle of downtown orlando where the clubs are and telling every one they are going to hell and they're all sinners i decided to pick their brain on a few issues and they got mad about it.

[quote name='slushpuppy' post='1402336' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:16 PM']The debate is

Is this effective preaching?[/quote]

I think XIX may mean the answer is so OBVIOUSLY no, what's the debate? At least, that's how I interpretted it.

Next debate... is water wet? :) jk

The preacher may need more saving than the ones he is 'trying' to save.

How sad. His comments show that he doesn't know a thing about Catholicism, and that hurling insults on a presumed idea that catholic's aren't Christian wouldn't save anyone. he claims St.Paul was like him, but I don't remember reading about paul running into the temple insulting the Jews, disrupting the sacrifices/rituals and acting like a mad man. St.Paul was sensible, he was intelligent and knew how to evangelize. This man screams insults and lies randomly with malice and anger. No one will see the love of Jesus like that. His style of preaching makes people feel condemned,they'll want nothing to do with him.
I'm sure he wouldn't like it if I ran into his church preaching about Petrine primacy, throwing around ad hominems, saying that [i]they[/i] will go to hell.He's truly delusioned.Please, we should pray for him.

Personally, whenever someone starts shouting oblivious to what's going on around him, I think he needs to be psychologically evaluated.

[quote name='SanctitasDeo' post='1402174' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:49 AM']I don't know about official security, but we do get this sort of thing a lot, and there are people he would have to run over in between the doors and the rest of the temple.[/quote]

That's where the KofC come in with their swords.

But I wonder when the KofC will become up to date and start carrying assault rifles? (PaladinD and Ironmonk, I think you'll love that!)

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1402207' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:36 AM']"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouf?"

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. [size=4][b]And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you![/b][/size]."
[img]http://members.lycos.nl/dalecooper/Pictures/Jules%20Winnfield.jpg[/img]

:lol_roll:[/quote]

LOL

I liked how the congregation just began singing "Hallelujah"

Stuff like that can be very distracting, we had something similar happen at my parents Reformed Baptist church a number of years ago, just so incredibly distracting and crazy.... we ended the service after the person left, and just sang a few songs.

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1402481' date='Oct 14 2007, 08:19 PM']I liked how the congregation just began singing "Hallelujah"

Stuff like that can be very distracting, we had something similar happen at my parents Reformed Baptist church a number of years ago, just so incredibly distracting and crazy.... we ended the service after the person left, and just sang a few songs.[/quote]I find it odd that Reformed Baptists would be targeted by this kind of tactic...then again, maybe my ignorance is showing. Is there a particular belief/practice (e.g. infant baptism, etc) that was being attacked?

"Kyrie eleison"

What is the appropriate thing to do when someone like this disrupts the mass. For a couple of minutes they let him yell and scream. Should the ushers have lead him out? What are we to do if this happens in our church/es?

Wow, that guy is so lucky he pulled that stunt at the right Church. If he did that at my old local parish, there would have been at least 3 big guys -- including my Dad -- bouncing his tush out the door quick!

He was totally disrespectful...however I do wish some of our priests would preach the truth of the Catholic faith with only 1/2 his zeal and fervency.

Edited by friendofJPII

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1402418' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:52 PM']I think XIX may mean the answer is so OBVIOUSLY no, what's the debate? At least, that's how I interpretted it.

Next debate... is water wet? :) jk
The preacher may need more saving than the ones he is 'trying' to save.[/quote]

Well if you read the comments on Youtube, for many people the answer is yes.

[quote name='Hashbrowns' post='1402436' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:29 PM']umm, is he wearing a collar?[/quote]

Yeah, He is dressed like a priest with snappy suspenders.