An Old School Catholic Message Board

Street Preacher Preaches In Catholic Church Youtube Video

slushpuppy

Is this effective?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take a look at this

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoEfp2eEA1c"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoEfp2eEA1c[/url]

I found this video on youtube and wanted to bring it to the attention of my friends here. Does anyone think this is effective preaching? Do you think anyone in this church took this guy seriously?

Honestly, I wonder, what was the point of this? I would find this offensive even if I wasn't Catholic. It is interesting though, it seems most born again christians who have left comments do not have an issue with this style of preaching.

Thank you for your time.

The guy says in his comments that his style of preaching works......I'd like to see proof of that. I seriously doubt it.

I'm all for preaching the Gospel, but a Catholic Church definately isn't the right place to do it. You guys already have the Gospel. And if he wasn't so busy screaming, maybe he'd realize that.

What a very un-Christian guy, casting judgments against people he doesn't even know! It was nice that his voice was drowned out with "Alleluia".

He was also preaching outside the Mormon Temple in Nauvoo. I wonder if he tried to run inside the temple to perform the same stunt lol. I guess Mormons have better security.

That guy was obnoxious. I would honestly be surprised if he gets the sort of results he claims. I have never found that shouting at people persuades them to do anything but ignore me.

[quote]He was also preaching outside the Mormon Temple in Nauvoo. I wonder if he tried to run inside the temple to perform the same stunt lol. I guess Mormons have better security.[/quote]

I don't know about official security, but we do get this sort of thing a lot, and there are people he would have to run over in between the doors and the rest of the temple.

[quote name='SarahB' post='1401937' date='Oct 13 2007, 08:04 PM']The guy says in his comments that his style of preaching works......I'd like to see proof of that. I seriously doubt it.

I'm all for preaching the Gospel, but a Catholic Church definately isn't the right place to do it. You guys already have the Gospel. And if he wasn't so busy screaming, maybe he'd realize that.[/quote]
We used to have a man who would do that in church. He is Catholic, just...when he forgets his meds...

"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouf?"

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. [size=4][b]And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you![/b][/size]."
[img]http://members.lycos.nl/dalecooper/Pictures/Jules%20Winnfield.jpg[/img]

:lol_roll:

Archaeology cat

Yeah, couldn't really watch more than a few seconds of it. Brought back memories of my SBC church, as the preacher there preached in this style. I basically learnt to tune it out pretty quickly, because really, people don't like to be yelled at. The best was when I heard a preacher yelling Psalm 23. Loses a bit of the meaning that way. . .

This video is pretty sad. He shows no respect whatsoever. How could someone interrupt a Mass like this and expect people to listen to him? Some people really amaze me.

fides quarens intellectum

the only thing i could understand was a man in the background (the priest?) asking someone to go get the guy's lisence plate number.