An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sedeprivationism?

hyperdulia again

Right on. I see now. I was thinking about the reasons of believing this sort of thing, and I came up with similar ideas (such as the romanticism of having a "Pope in Exile"). But the question that proceeds the previous of mine is "why"? And I think you somewhat answered it: radical traditionalism. Well, I'm not disputing. I won't try and start a big fight here. I get it now, but I don't see how the Popes of the past century could have been in error. For sure, we needed reform, but I think things are leveling out now. We've won this war already. It's in the Word, yo.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1396845' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:08 PM']So, if I'm reading this right, you're saying Peter's chair is currently vacant?[/quote]

All I say with any any degree of certainty is that since Vatican II all those commonly accepted as popes were in actuality anti-popes. Whether the chair is/was vacant or or whether there is/was a true pope essentially in exile, is just my personal belief taking into account what we can know at this time.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1396857' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:19 PM']only one here that I know for sure believes that is goldenchild, but he's not really saying that, he's holding his tongue quite nobly as per phorum rules against such debates. but I believe he is leaning towards the idea that Grergory XVII reigned after Pius XII, and that Gregory XVII set up a clandestined cardinalate who may have elected another pope in exile by now or at least may plan to do so one day.[/quote]

I just learned today that at least one other phatmasser is currently a sedevacantist. I am not aware if (s)he has made his/her position public on here yet, so I don't want to go against this person's wishes, but there is at least one other. I don't know that he has ever entertained the Siri thesis, and its relatively new to me as well, but I'm not the only one in this camp here. Though I may be the most vocal about it, which I do apologize for since I know I must be toeing the lines of the rules.

fides quarens intellectum

thanks for all of the clarification, guys - really fascinating.

so, where does Mel Gibson fit into all of this?

photosynthesis

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1396922' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:34 AM']thanks for all of the clarification, guys - really fascinating.

so, where does Mel Gibson fit into all of this?[/quote]
I'm sure there has to be one or two groups out there that think Mel Gibson is the real pope.

goldenchild17

Mel Gibson in the past made many statements that would paint him a sedevacantist. I'm not aware of all that much from him on the subject in recent years, but I've heard that he's had tendencies better described by sedeprivationism, so I'd think he's somewhere in between sedevacantism and sedeprivationism. But I couldn't tell you for sure and I don't want to paint him into a specific corner without more information because I do respect him, despite his somewhat recent struggles, for his openness and support for the overall issues.

goldenchild17

I hope I was of some help. I'm not very familiar with all the aspects of this philosophy as its a very complicated and involved one and the only sites that I can find which can best lay out their position is from sites that can't be posted on here, so all I can really do for you is the basic summarization given so far. peace

hyperdulia again

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1396981' date='Oct 3 2007, 04:32 AM']I hope I was of some help. I'm not very familiar with all the aspects of this philosophy as its a very complicated and involved one and the only sites that I can find which can best lay out their position is from sites that can't be posted on here, so all I can really do for you is the basic summarization given so far. peace[/quote]

Thank you. You and Al were especially helpful.