An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carredero, Got A Question For Ya!

thessalonian

"If we choose and purpose our life I believe that it is only fitting, proper and practical that we choose our death." therin lies the problem in your logic, we don't choose and purpose our life as you think so.

however, as i read on into your reasoning, i see that my statement means nothing because it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

What about people that die in their sleep?

I think that people put too much importance and judgment on the way that other people die. They seem to think that there is an appropriate or a right or wrong way to die. The manner of death is rarely never important except of course to the person who died. What is important is that the entity kept the appointment, for that is what death is.

Whenever one finds themselves regretting the way another person has passed one should always ask themselves:

[i][b]How would I want that person to die?[/b][/i]

One may find that they will be hard pressed for choices or be capable of realizing other acceptable methods of death. Others may find their choices for how other people could die to be unrealistic or just wishful thinking. If you remember that everyone has to die and that everyone has to die in some way and that there is no right or wrong way or time to die, one will find a greater understanding when it comes to matters of death.

Edited by carrdero

It sounded earlier that you believed that a person had power over his or her own death. now i don't know what to think. answer me straight: Do you think that you have the power to choose how or when you die?

[quote name='Hashbrowns' post='1400168' date='Oct 9 2007, 10:15 PM']It sounded earlier that you believed that a person had power over his or her own death. now i don't know what to think. answer me straight: Do you think that you have the power to choose how or when you die?[/quote]

I apologize but I thought that this was answered.

[quote]carrdero quotes (Post #45): If we choose and purpose our life, I believe that it is only fitting, proper and practical that we choose our death.[/quote]

Are you inquiring whether we have the power to avoid death?

No, I know we can't, that's obvious. I'm wondering how you can say that we choose our life. If we cannot choose when our life will begin or say definatly when or how it will end, how can we have the power to choose our death?

And if you could list your Universal truths, that'd be nice, just to get a better understanding of what it is you believe. and a vague outline of your personal truths, though i'm more intersted in the Universal.

[quote]Hashbrowns writes:No, I know we can't, that's obvious. I'm wondering how you can say that we choose our life. If we cannot choose when our life will begin or say definatly when or how it will end, how can we have the power to choose our death?[/quote]

I do believe that we choose when our life begins and when it will end. As a spiritual entity already existing before a physical incarnation, it really depends on what physical existence we incarnate into. A spiritual entity will map out and plan an entrance, with proposed purposes and experiences and an exit before taking on a physical existence. As I mentioned before that there are is no particular time limit to when someone can choose to die, it just depends on when the individual decides it wants to leave a physical existence. It would be easier to think of this as a planned suicide with many people preferring not to remember.

[quote]Hashbrowns writes:And if you could list your Universal truths, that'd be nice, just to get a better understanding of what it is you believe. and a vague outline of your personal truths, though i'm more intersted in the Universal.[/quote]

As a musician an example of a Universal Truth that I have to follow are the rules and theories of music.

An example of a recent Personal Truth I have had come to accept lately is that I have just been prescribed reading glasses.

So, you believe that you are your own god and you don't matter?

Can you come up with a single reason for what you believe in? You've made up your own set of truth without any concern for what is really true!

If I understand correctly, he has no religious truth. He has religious/spiritual beliefs, but he is not concerned with whether they are true or not. Until they can be physically studied, he doesn't consider anything truth.

[quote]Hashbrowns writes: So, you believe that you are your own god and you don't matter?[/quote]
I am not sure what you mean by this sentence? Can you elaborate?

[quote]Hashbrowns writes: Can you come up with a single reason for what you believe in?[/quote]
I do not have anything tangible except that it seems to make better sense than a Supreme Deity (who actually does have the same opportunity (if He desires) for incarnating into a physical existence) determining our physical purpose and existence. Less “puppet-like”.

[quote name='prose' post='1400600' date='Oct 10 2007, 09:23 PM']If I understand correctly, he has no religious truth. He has religious/spiritual beliefs, but he is not concerned with whether they are true or not. Until they can be physically studied, he doesn't consider anything truth.[/quote]
If you are referring to faith, that is correct, I do not apply or encourage faith to my beliefs. Beside identifying faith as an effective literary device or a swell name for someone's daughter, I personally haven't found a practical use for it.

[quote name='Hashbrowns' post='1400616' date='Oct 10 2007, 09:56 PM']so, i guess going back to the original question, why are you here, at Phatmass?[/quote]

I was actually invited to Phatmass by a member who thought it would be a good chance for me to meet some great people and to learn and discuss the different beliefs that people have.

[quote name='Hashbrowns' post='1400657' date='Oct 10 2007, 11:25 PM']What do you call truths that 'evolve'? what were they before?[/quote]
They were Truths. Take the recent example of perscribed reading glasses, the previous Truth was known that I did not need them.

Another evolvong Truth would be somone who recently got married. The previous Truth known was that this person was single.

Edited by carrdero