An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carredero, Got A Question For Ya!

thessalonian

thessalonian

Do you care about the souls of others (if you actually believe in souls) or is this just an "intellectual" excercise for you at phatmass?

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396024' date='Oct 1 2007, 02:29 PM']Do you care about the souls of others (if you actually believe in souls) or is this just an "intellectual" excercise for you at phatmass?[/quote]
I am a big believer of souls and I am sure that there is much to learn from every forum member but I'm not sure what you mean when you ask "do I care about souls." Can you elaborate on that a little more please.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396484' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:25 AM']Their eternal destiny.[/quote]
I believe the soul to be immortal and not in any danger and/or threat or in need of rescue and/or salvation from any other entities or external source.
[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396484' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:25 AM']Their well being.[/quote]
I believe the well BEing of the soul depends on the individual and what this entity has purposed for their soul.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396484' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:25 AM']Their health.[/quote]
I believe that the soul cannot get sick.

thessalonian

So a soul of a mass murder or rapist is not sick?
So your answer is you don't really care about anyone's soul or eternal destiny.

That's what I thought.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396669' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:01 PM']So a soul of a mass murder or rapist is not sick?[/quote]

I think you are referring to the human mind when you use the example of a murder or rapist. The human mind and the human body and the spiritual soul that occupies this physical shell are three different concepts. A soul is not capable of murder but a human mind and body are.
I don’t think the mind of a mass murder or a rapist is sick but I do feel there is some understanding that everyone is not considering.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396669' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:01 PM']So your answer is you don't really care about anyone's soul or eternal destiny.[/quote]

The soul upon death will have no problem finding its way back to the spiritual realm. What concern do you believe I should have for a soul that is immortal?

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396669' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:01 PM']That's what I thought.[/quote]
Are we done?
Did I pass?

Edited by carrdero

thessalonian

If you wish to start another thread you may. It is my perogative as to whether I want to answer however. I believe I already gave my opinion about casting pearls in another thread however.

How old are you?
What is your profession?
Do things like murder, raping and other crimes concern you?
How much do they concern you?

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1396684' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:39 PM']If you wish to start another thread you may. It is my perogative as to whether I want to answer however. I believe I already gave my opinion about casting pearls in another thread however.[/quote]

So the purpose of this thread was not an interest to listen and understand my beliefs and it was not intended to discuss, compare, debate or to reason our beliefs but to promote a false sense of superiority for yourself by pre-judging me?

That’s what I thought it was for.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1396686' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:43 PM']Do things like murder, raping and other crimes concern you?
How much do they concern you?[/quote]

I should hope they concern everyone.

And I hope they concern everyone to a great degree.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1396670' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:15 PM']The soul upon death will have no problem finding its way back to the spiritual realm. What concern do you believe I should have for a soul that is immortal?[/quote]

So what exactly is the purpose of a soul to you?

I am really trying to understand.

This is what I got: A soul, in your opinion, is intrinsically good and can not be corrupt, but a mind can do evil things, so a soul is always okay, and if it is stuck in a "bad" body, that is fine because it will soon exit it?

thessalonian

[quote]superiority for yourself[/quote]

Stop judging me. I don't know whether you would go to heaven or hell if you died at this moment. This thread really had no purpose at all. I did not expect to get a rational answer but some gobbledegook about entities and gods and your personal beliefs upon which you act that have no concern for the salvation of others. There is no concern in your post about the possibility that you could be (and are) wrong and could be dragging others to hell with your personal beliefs. Though I really doudt that you influence too many people.