An Old School Catholic Message Board

U N Farce

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.unwatch.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=bdKKISNqEmG&b=1313923&ct=3698367"]http://www.unwatch.org/site/apps/nl/conten...&ct=3698367[/url]

Wait...basically, they just told him that if anyone says anything against the counsel, they won't listen and they'll just delete the comments from records?

And that is why I am so against the UN. They're nothing but a bunch of super-liberal crackpots who have done nothing the entire time they've been around except sit back and watch carp go on. And try to get everyone in the world to follow their rules. And that just goes to show how evil they are. They won't even tolerate someone coming in and daring to question their record, when we can all see it's horrendous.

Oy.....I can't stand the UN.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1388652' date='Sep 19 2007, 12:32 PM']Wait...basically, they just told him that if anyone says anything against the counsel, they won't listen and they'll just delete the comments from records?[/quote]
exactly, and this is to the organization established to monitor the UN in the first place. i love it!

fides quarens intellectum

just had to laugh! today's Wikihow of the day is "How to get a job with the UN"!

[url="http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Job-With-the-United-Nations"]http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Job-With-the-United-Nations[/url]

[quote name='SarahB' post='1388696' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:04 PM']And that is why I am so against the UN. They're nothing but a bunch of super-liberal crackpots who have done nothing the entire time they've been around except sit back and watch carp go on. And try to get everyone in the world to follow their rules. And that just goes to show how evil they are. They won't even tolerate someone coming in and daring to question their record, when we can all see it's horrendous.
Oy.....I can't stand the UN.[/quote]
Ditto.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='SarahB' post='1388696' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:04 PM']And that is why I am so against the UN. They're nothing but a bunch of super-liberal crackpots who have done nothing the entire time they've been around except sit back and watch carp go on. And try to get everyone in the world to follow their rules. And that just goes to show how evil they are. They won't even tolerate someone coming in and daring to question their record, when we can all see it's horrendous.

Ironic that's its horrendous record is thanks to the US Veto record. :)

The UN is useless cause the major powers in the world maintained a veto for future foreign policy.

Being 'liberal' or 'conservative' has nothing to do with it, when it comes down to the real issue. Veto power.

hyperdulia again

[quote name='S][N' post='1404303' date='Oct 17 2007, 02:02 PM']
Ironic that's its horrendous record is thanks to the US Veto record. :)

The UN is useless cause the major powers in the world maintained a veto for future foreign policy.

Being 'liberal' or 'conservative' has nothing to do with it, when it comes down to the real issue. Veto power.[/quote]

I do not approve of your atheism, but methinks we'll be friends.

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1404306' date='Oct 17 2007, 01:06 PM']I do not approve of your atheism, but methinks we'll be friends.[/quote]

Lol. As long as you don't push your beliefs on me, we'll get on fine.

Ah the UN...heh. I've been reading Philip Gourvetch's "We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families", and the conditions placed upon the peacekeepers were unbelievable. They could only fire in self defense, when the commanding General of the mission on the ground requested forces and said he could end the genocide (shortly after it began), they cut his troops by 90%. The UN's General on the ground also wanted to raid weapons stockpiles that an informant told him of, and wanted to get the informant out of Rwanda...he was told to give his info to Rwanda's President, and the informant was never heard from again.

One thing after another, it was like there was a blind disregard for the general's attempts to derail the coming genocide. When compelled by a legislature of a member nation to testify about the events, the general was ordered not to by the Secretary General's office. So I am unfortunately unsurprised by the content of this link.

[quote name='SarahB' post='1388696' date='Sep 19 2007, 01:04 PM']And that is why I am so against the UN. They're nothing but a bunch of super-liberal crackpots who have done nothing the entire time they've been around except sit back and watch carp go on. And try to get everyone in the world to follow their rules. And that just goes to show how evil they are. They won't even tolerate someone coming in and daring to question their record, when we can all see it's horrendous.
:)