An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hilary To Require Health Insurance To Get Job?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kujo' post='1389848' date='Sep 21 2007, 11:33 AM']I don't think this is a fair depiction of Hillary or any other Democratic candidate. I am about as Republican as you can be, but I don't find it necessary to demonize the opposition. Truthfully, I believe that people like Hillary and Edwards and Obama and Cindy Sheehan and Nancy Pelosi all honestly believe that what they have to offer is what's best for the American people. By and large, I don't think that these people are money-hungry megabots who gobble up power like Hungry-Hungry Hippos; rather, I think that (in their warped mind) dependence on the government is a good thing. Now, they are wrong as you could be. But that doesn't make them evil.

Cheers.[/quote]
Actually, political power-seeking is a huge part of the reason for the growth in government, and this is not confined to the Democrats (though they are the greater evil in this regard; at least Reps give some lip-service to limited government). Politicians get and stay in power by promising ever more "goodies" to their constituents, and the voters keep demanding ever more goodies, now expecting government to solve all their problems.
We're becoming very much a bread-and-circuses society.

[quote name='XIX' post='1388925' date='Sep 19 2007, 10:46 PM']Or she'd shy away from a task because of the daunting proposition that it is "just as easy as stealing candy from a baby."[/quote]
Actually I doubt Hilary would hesitate to steal candy from a baby.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1390404' date='Sep 21 2007, 10:09 PM']If you saw candy in the hands of a helpless baby, would you seize and consume it?[/quote]
No. It would be covered in drool.

:pinch:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1390560' date='Sep 22 2007, 08:52 AM']Yes, of course. Candy is not good for babies. I would be doing a service.

:mellow:[/quote]

AH! So government knows what's best for us, eh?!?! :D :D

[quote name='Socrates' post='1390396' date='Sep 22 2007, 12:02 AM']Actually I doubt Hilary would hesitate to steal candy from a baby.[/quote]
She wouldn't try, because she knows that most babies are far superior to her in physical strength. So anything that is only as easy as stealing candy from a baby is way too difficult for her to ever attempt.

I hear Mr. Burns defeated Hilary in an arm wrestling match.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1390404' date='Sep 21 2007, 11:09 PM']If you saw candy in the hands of a helpless baby, would you seize and consume it?[/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1390560' date='Sep 22 2007, 08:52 AM']Yes, of course. Candy is not good for babies. I would be doing a service.

:mellow:[/quote]

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1390720' date='Sep 22 2007, 01:52 PM']AH! So government knows what's best for us, eh?!?! :D :D[/quote]
Not government... just me, personally.

IgnatiusAntioch

[quote name='adt6247' post='1389934' date='Sep 21 2007, 03:38 PM']Don't fool yourselves. The republicans and the democrats both care about one thing above any other: power. Everything from our voting systems, to the McCain's campaign finance reform, to tolerance of illegal immigration, to welfare, to the fact that Roe v. Wade hasn't been overturned yet, is calculated political strategy to keep both parties in power.[/quote]

Hey! Don't forget money, their TWO chief desires are money and power and the tremendous honors bestowed on them...

AMONGST THEIR DESIRES...

[quote name='kujo' post='1389848' date='Sep 21 2007, 12:33 PM']I don't think this is a fair depiction of Hillary or any other Democratic candidate. I am about as Republican as you can be, but I don't find it necessary to demonize the opposition. Truthfully, I believe that people like Hillary and Edwards and Obama and Cindy Sheehan and Nancy Pelosi all honestly believe that what they have to offer is what's best for the American people. By and large, I don't think that these people are money-hungry megabots who gobble up power like Hungry-Hungry Hippos; rather, I think that (in their warped mind) dependence on the government is a good thing. Now, they are wrong as you could be. But that doesn't make them evil.

Cheers.[/quote]

Well, I'm not a Republican, so it's not demonizing the opposition. It's demonizing what's wrong. And they're wrong, on that and so many other things. The same with the Republicans. But we were talking about Hilary and the Democrats here. They may be good people at heart, but their ideas are wrong and harmful for the country and that should be brought to the light.

Fidei Defensor

I'm all for more widely available health care. I believe everyone should have access, and I don't care which cantidate offers the plan, I just hope someone does.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1393793' date='Sep 26 2007, 08:32 PM']I'm all for more widely available health care. I believe everyone should have access, and I don't care which cantidate offers the plan, I just hope someone does.[/quote]
The problem is "free health care"'s not free. Somebody has to pay the tab.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Socrates' post='1393810' date='Sep 26 2007, 07:44 PM']The problem is "free health care"'s not free. Somebody has to pay the tab.[/quote]
More widely available, not free. But you can't put a price on health. If you don't have it, well, nothing else really matters now does it?