An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thus Says The Lord

Catholic Fanatic

Catholic Fanatic

[quote]The LORD shall hurl you down headlong, mortal man! He shall grip you firmly
And roll you up and toss you like a ball into an open land To perish there, you and the chariots you glory in, you disgrace to your master's house!
I will thrust you from your office and pull you down from your station.[/quote]

Wow, how weird is that. I was reading Isaiah 22 for a later verse, and then my eyes happened upon that verse, except it's a little different in the NIV.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1387646' date='Sep 18 2007, 02:30 PM']That would make a great music video, maybe Metallica.[/quote][mod]edit[/mod]

Edited by homeschoolmom

[quote name='Justin86' post='1387776' date='Sep 18 2007, 10:33 AM'][mod]edit[/mod][/quote]

Despite our personal feelings

we do not rip on those working for the Church around these parts

Edited by homeschoolmom

Then a mod should edit it out. If the same thing was a personal attack on a phatmasser it would be edited out. The standards should be the same across the whole

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
dairygirl4u2c

here's a classic by CF

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=71976&mode=threaded&pid=1368902"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...amp;pid=1368902[/url]
[quote]I am not the only person who tells it like it is. Jesus, the Terrible Judge Himself, also spake such parables, such as this parable from Matthew.

11: And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13: Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Know now, those who sin mortally will be bound up and cast into the fires of hell. Maggots will eat at their eyes, and fire will melt their skin and burn their flesh.[/quote]

You gotta love the way God presents the bottom line.

[quote]Thus says the Lord![/quote]
You just don't want to argue against that.

Creepy! Stop it! Stop reminding us all of the probabilities of God's impending judgment on America! Do that on a secular forum!

;-)

• 5 years later...
dairygirl4u2c

some catholic fanatic classics

For all eternity, they will burn in hell with literal fires burning their skin, demons clawing their eyes, and maggots eating their innards.

I fear it is because of the liberal nature of phatmass. Remember, liberalism is a sin. Those who don't change will be damned.

dairygirl4u2c

CFanatic

Engaging in lustful thoughts is a mortal sin, as taught by the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Jesus Christ, the Terrible Judge who we must stand before with our sins when we die, said if you look at a woman with lust, you have commited adultery, and said if your eyes or hands cause you to sin, to pluck them off your body. This is better than handing yourself over to the Evil One, and being cast down eternally to the fires of hell, where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. And where you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.