An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Thought Of This Debatible Question In The

Pontifite 7 of 10

Pontifite 7 of 10

When Jesus comes the second time, won't he destroy Hell and kill the devil? I heard somewhere that Mary will personally stomp on The devil's head and kill him, is this backed up by anything? Please feel free to argue on the subject.

isn't your signature a quote from [i]Fight Club[/i]?

here's a better debatable question... if the moon was made of coagulated milk, would you eat it? answer honestly, now.

PapaHilarious

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1381517' date='Sep 8 2007, 10:29 PM']I should leave before I get hurt[/quote]

just teasin ya 'cause i'm bored and trying to avoid doing work. i'll stop hijacking your thread now. peace. :saint:

The Devil is a spirit and so he will never die, just as our souls will never die. Revelation 20:10 says that "the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." This is the "second death" which doesn't mean that he ceases to exist, but that he is separated from God forever and so he is dead in a sense.

Yes:

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." --Revelation 21:8

Hey, just so you know, I have heard the same thing about Hell not being permanent. I posted a thread about it also. A priest actually was the one who mentioned it to me.