An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Cult Of The "santa Muerte"

ruso

So, when Budge loses an argument, she starts talking about Benny Hinn. What was #10 on her list of "Catholic tactics"? Hmmm...let's review:[quote name='Budge']* 10: Babbling technique

Remember when you were a kid. If you closed your eyes, danger would go away.
This technique is a variation on that theme. When backed into a corner, begin babbling about anything remotely related to the topic on hand and the opponent may forget that you were ever engaged in a debate in the first place. With all the other fine Apologetic techniques available, this one is usually not advised.[/quote]Just to remind you, Budge, it's time for you to prove your claim that "most were praising" the Santa Muerte cult. As usual, I end up wondering whether this falsehood is a result of your ignorance or an attempt to spread another anti-Catholic lie at us.

Where did I say most were praising it?

None of them are putting a stop to it.

Wouldnt some excommunications put an end to it pronto? [at least remove this stuff from YOUR churches, theyd all be forced to go to OUTSIDE churches]

Whats the use of having all these bishops and rest if they are all "helpless"?

I bet if some priests got married theyd be out the next day, but some parisioners go worship some demon, they whine and complain and let them stay in the church.

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM']Where did I say most were praising it?[/quote]I've quoted you numerous times. Please don't feign ignorance.

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM']None of them are putting a stop to it.[/quote]What in the world are you talking about? The leader of the cult thinks there's a Vatican conspiracy trying to stop him.

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM']Wouldnt some excommunications put an end to it pronto?[/quote]Again, I ask the question: are you lamenting that the Catholic Church doesn't formally excommunicate enough people?

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM'][at least remove this stuff from YOUR churches, theyd all be forced to go to OUTSIDE churches][/quote]The cult has its own churches, outside the Catholic Church, and has registered itself with the Mexican government as its own distinct religion.

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM']Whats the use of having all these bishops and rest if they are all "helpless"?[/quote]Helpless to do what? We've got cardinals and bishops quoted explicitly denouncing the cult as incompatible with Catholicism. What more do you want?

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 04:36 PM']I bet if some priests got married theyd be out the next day, but some parisioners go worship some demon, they whine and complain and let them stay in the church.[/quote]Still trying tactic #10?

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1380982' date='Sep 8 2007, 12:26 PM']So, when Budge loses an argument, she starts talking about Benny Hinn. What was #10 on her list of "Catholic tactics"? Hmmm...let's review:Just to remind you, Budge, it's time for you to prove your claim that "most were praising" the Santa Muerte cult. As usual, I end up wondering whether this falsehood is a result of your ignorance or an attempt to spread another anti-Catholic lie at us.[/quote]

All falsehoods, whether out of genuine misunderstanding or outright malice (in the case of Budge, my money is on the latter) come from the fallen one.

[quote name='Budge' post='1380904' date='Sep 8 2007, 11:18 AM']Dont you know how to use google winchester, youre so lazy...

[url="http://www.bennyhinn.org/resources/pope.cfm"]BENNY HINN VISITED VATICAN[/url][/quote]
My back up alarm had nothing to do with Benny Hinn, everything to do with your translation and conclusions from your translation. Draw a map on your hand or something!

[quote name='Budge' post='1381049' date='Sep 8 2007, 03:36 PM'][b]Where did I say most were praising it?[/b]
None of them are putting a stop to it.

Wouldnt some excommunications put an end to it pronto? [at least remove this stuff from YOUR churches, theyd all be forced to go to OUTSIDE churches]

Whats the use of having all these bishops and rest if they are all "helpless"?

I bet if some priests got married theyd be out the next day, but some parisioners go worship some demon, they whine and complain and let them stay in the church.[/quote]

[quote name='Budge' post='1379934' date='Sep 6 2007, 08:22 PM']Actually I can read Spanish. Not perfectly....but I go to foreign websites all the time for news including Spanish ones, some German, and French. Dont normal people do this, there are all sorts of fun European websites out there. I was downloading smilies off a German one the other day.

My Spanish isnt the best, but I can get the general gist. I did go try and find articles AGAINST this stuff, [b]most were praising[/b], but hey Ill be FAIR, I found at least one priest criticizing it in Mexcio so here you go.
I hope the first dude is not one of yours, for your sake.

The second guy, that is an obvious question.[/quote]

Could you please back this up with some facts? Names, quotes in context, etc....

[quote name='Budge' post='1379934' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:22 AM']Actually I can read Spanish. Not perfectly....but I go to foreign websites all the time for news including Spanish ones, some German, and French. Dont normal people do this, there are all sorts of fun European websites out there. I was downloading smilies off a German one the other day.

My Spanish isnt the best, but I can get the general gist. I did go try and find articles AGAINST this stuff, most were praising, but hey Ill be FAIR, I found at least one priest criticizing it in Mexcio so here you go.
I hope the first dude is not one of yours, for your sake.

The second guy, that is an obvious question.[/quote]
I wonder that type of Spanish understands Budge, she in another thread put a document in Portuguese saying that was Spanish.
Here the Spanish spoken goes in
España
Cualquiera lo diria amiga mia, tu comprension del español es peor que la mia del ingles, nunca habia visto una capacidad como la tuya para sacar frases de su contexto.
Argentina
¿Se podria saber porque sos vos tan pelotuda?
Mexico
Orale mi hijita, orale, no se me aburra y dele bronca a esos pendejos papistas.

[quote name='ruso' post='1382759' date='Sep 10 2007, 05:24 PM']España
Cualquiera lo diria amiga mia, tu comprension del español es peor que la mia del ingles, nunca habia visto una capacidad como la tuya para sacar frases de su contexto.
Argentina
¿Se podria saber porque sos vos tan pelotuda?
Mexico
Orale mi hijita, orale, no se me aburra y dele bronca a esos [b]pendejos papistas[/b].[/quote]
tsk, tsk.... :ohno:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1382790' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:11 AM']tsk, tsk.... :ohno:[/quote]
Pendejo = Silly

Only is a phrase of animate for Budge.

[quote name='ruso' post='1382833' date='Sep 10 2007, 08:11 PM']Pendejo = Silly

Only is a phrase of animate for Budge.[/quote]Outside of Spain, that word is quite strong...certainly stronger than "silly"! :)

[quote name='Winchester' post='1380601' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:49 PM'][url="http://pollak.thomasnet.com/item/back-up-alarms/ly-adjustable-back-up-alarm-107db-97db-12-24-volts/41-723?&forward=1"]Back up alarm[/url]
Here's a convenient link for ya, Budge. Maybe it will enable you to feel safe enough to back up when you should.[/quote]

Saint Death is worshipped by the Iglesia Católica Tradicionalista mexicana-estadunidense, a church not related to the Roman Catholic church.

The Catholic Church does not condone this practice.

There's some crazy stuff out there. Use that link Winchester gave you.

Edited by jmjtina