An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question On Extended Stays In Rome

Totus Tuus

Guest Perpetualove

Dear Lauren,
Two friends and I went to Rome (and Assisi) two years ago. We stayed in convents. I found Rome very inexpensive. The bus is good, the people are very friendly, and it was a great pilgrimage. Personally, I really liked the convent stay because we ate what the Sisters made, and the curfew (I think it was 11:00?) was fine with us. None of us really wanted to be out late anyway, and I think it made all of us feel a little safer (being in a city far from home) knowing that someone was looking out for us. I would definitely recommend finding a convent. (Also, we shared a room and had our own bathroom.) If you budget your money, and plan ahead, it can be really affordable. Please PM me if you want more information from me! Good luck!!! Perpetua

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1392911' date='Sep 25 2007, 07:54 PM']This is a long shot, but you could try getting a "apprenticeship" (I can't think of the proper English word, the Dutch one is "stage", pronounced French-like) at the Vatican, or at your embassy.[/quote]

I think the English word you're looking for is "internship."