An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christians Are Still Being Presecuted By Catholics

Budge

[quote]that desire only begins to spring up when they attack your culture and faith and try to break up your families with false gospels. when they do that, you ought to live out Christian Charity and suppress your urge to kill them, but it is an understandable feeling.

and budge, family altars for day of the dead are beautiful things. you don't think God would permit those in heaven to be present to their loved ones on earth in that way?

you come in and attack someone's culture like this, spread lies and tear up families over your heretical views, and you are going to get an angry response. simple as that.

again, I don't support the violence though. I just understand it.[/quote]

We had Hispanic families in my last church. They were good strong Christians, they rejected this paganism for what it was.

They did not celebrate these things.

[quote]i have a feeling that the Catholics in this article that "blend mayan beliefs and Catholicism" are actually good Catholics, and puritanical evangelicals confuse their culture with their faith.[/quote]

They may be good Catholics but they are not good Christians.

Ie when I became a Christian, I cast out everything pagan in my life, one example was an avid interest in astrology among many.

The Bible makes it clear one is not to adhere to pagan beliefs or things that worship false spirits over and over and over again.

[quote]What I'd like to know is if the local bishops are speaking out against this violence.[/quote]

I doubt it, but if you could find out otherwise.....post it.

[quote]one example was an avid interest in astrology among many.[/quote]

where in the world does the Church support astrology? pagan and occult practices are condemned by the Church.

however, honoring the dead and asking for their intercession because of a biblical belief in the Communion of Saints is NOT pagan OR occult.

[quote]however, honoring the dead and asking for their intercession because of a biblical belief in the Communion of Saints is NOT pagan OR occult.[/quote]

They dont just honor and ask for their intercession but in the quote acouple above, it is made clear they call them down, also known as necromancy in some circles and Biblically forbidden!

[quote name='Budge' post='1371770' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:33 PM']We had Hispanic families in my last church. They were good strong Christians, they rejected this paganism for what it was.

They did not celebrate these things.[/quote]

This is a blatantly racist sentiment.

Where?

They were Hispanic, they were good Christians...and friends of mine. They were from Mexico and rejected Day of the Dead and the rest of it. I talked to them about this stuff. We had missionaries from all over in my church, not every Mexican defends these cultural "traditions"

Sheesh. What liberal PC code did I break this time without even realizing it?

:wacko:

[quote]Are you implying that the Catholic Church as a whole supports this? If you are, you are sadly mistaken.[/quote]

Show me ONE Vatican DECREE that abhors it or telling them to STOP IT.

[quote]that desire only begins to spring up when they attack your culture and faith and try to break up your families with false gospels.[/quote]
[b]
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a manfs enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)[/b]

[quote name='Budge' post='1372056' date='Aug 27 2007, 11:39 PM'][b]
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a manfs enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)[/b][/quote]
and if these missionaries had the true gospel, I would be all for that. the true gospel does truly bring a sword of division. But just because you're dividing families and splitting up cultures does not mean you are preaching the true gospel; you could go preach an anarchist gospel and get the same result. as it stands, your "missionaries" preach a false gospel which is abhorant to Christ and harmful to true Christian culture, and that is why their attacks against these families are unjust and evil.

when you were called "racist" in an earlier post, you should have been called "ethnocentric", in the sense that you have an ethnocentric bias for modern American culture. it is only good if it takes the judaized heretical iconoclastic version of american protestant christianity; and these hispanics are good because they've accepted your american protestant standards.

Farsight one

[quote name='Budge' post='1372056' date='Aug 27 2007, 10:39 PM'][b]
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a manfs enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)[/b][/quote]
If you wanna quote that, then I gotta wonder why you have a beef with these "Catholics" tearing down other churches at all? They're clearly not bring peace, but rather a sword, exactly as your verse says.

You know what is interesting about this thread, is not one Catholic poster here is upset that their co-religionists are thugs out burning churches.

If I knew of fund. Baptists doing this Id be disgusted and have written threads on my board against Baptists behaving badly...

What is the deal with the folks here they feel they have to take the defensive position over everyone that is Catholic?

because quite honestly, I personally sympathize with them, and if people came into a tight-knit community like that that I belonged to and started tearing it apart with lies, I'd have a hard time not joining the mobs. these "churches" are evil institutions of satan attacking a Christian culture with american protestant heresy.

the problem with your missionaries is that they do not understand the culture, nor do they attempt to understand it. they targeted it, not studied it. and targeted through the lense of their whitebred american protestant ethnocentrism, it seemed pagan and heathenous, in need of the enlightenment of american style modern worship.

honestly, I shed no tears over the buildings being torn down. I think it has gone to the extreme when violence occurs, but tearing down buildings which are centers of a sect which is attacking the true religion and breaking up families? eh... makes sense to me actually.

I'm not just taking the defensive position because they're Catholic; I'm saying I'd likely do the same thing they're doing if I was in their shoes. I hope they can expel these foreign invaders some day, or convert them.

[quote]because quite honestly, I personally sympathize with them,[/quote]

Honestly, thats sad. In other words you sympathize with thugs that hurt people and burn down their churches simply because of what they believed.
[quote]and if people came into a tight-knit community like that that I belonged to and started tearing it apart with lies, I'd have a hard time not joining the mobs.[/quote]

Tearing what apart? They arent violent, they preach Gods Word, and thats that.

You think people because of what they SAY and BELIEVE should have mobs coming for them?

:shock:
[quote]these "churches" are evil institutions of satan attacking a Christian culture with american protestant heresy.[/quote]\

Wow that rips the veil off the "seperated brethern" talk doesnt it.

Youre helping my case when I say that ecumenicalism is Rome's iron fist in a velvet glove, I suppose at least you are being honest.
[quote]the problem with your missionaries is that they do not understand the culture, nor do they attempt to understand it.[/quote]

Who cares about culture? Is [u]culture[/u] supposed to supercede Christianity?
Besides why do you think it is only white Americans preaching the gospel down there? There are plenty of Latin Americans who have been converted to Christ preaching it!

[quote]they targeted it, not studied it. and targeted through the lense of their whitebred american protestant ethnocentrism, it seemed pagan and heathenous, in need of the enlightenment of american style modern worship.[/quote]

You speak like a liberal with all this multi-cultural talk. The race card is always a convienent one to supress free speech. Im sorry but calling down spirits whether if a white college WASP girl does it or a Latin American indigenious person does it, is WRONG ANYWHERE.
[quote]honestly, I shed no tears over the buildings being torn down. I think it has gone to the extreme when violence occurs, but tearing down buildings which are centers of a sect which is attacking the true religion and breaking up families? eh... makes sense to me actually.[/quote]

Thats sick.
[quote]I hope they can expel these foreign invaders some day, or convert them.[/quote]

There are millions of Mexicans, Brazilians and Latin Americans who have converted to Christianity and are ex-Catholic, they are NOT foreign invaders.