An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Guy With His Shirt Off

XIX

[quote name='kateri05' post='1371694' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:34 PM']amen cmom!
i agree! i actually hate one pieces (well, unless you're on swim team), they end up being SO unflattering and make you look pregnant, when you're NOT, at least on me anyways. they're just too clingy, tankinis actually have more fabric or something so that there is a little more draping of fabric going on, instead of just tight yuckiness.[/quote]

plus I don't being completely uncovered to use the bathroom :blush:

photosynthesis

[quote name='kateri05' post='1379040' date='Sep 5 2007, 10:03 PM']ooh too true, especially considering how shady pool bathrooms can be![/quote]
Hey, at least y'all are using the bathroom. Some people don't even have the decency to do that.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1371415' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:53 PM']so true. girls - please cover your stomach! not because it is unattractive, (cuz it's not unattractive) but because it is [i]so sacred![/i]

where precious life spends it's first moments shielded by a mother's womb[/quote]
ah, wow! If I hadn't already decided to keep my tummy covered, that totally would have done it. thanks didy. :)

[quote name='kateri05' post='1371694' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:34 PM']amen cmom!
i agree! i actually hate one pieces (well, unless you're on swim team), they end up being SO unflattering and make you look pregnant, when you're NOT, at least on me anyways. they're just too clingy, tankinis actually have more fabric or something so that there is a little more draping of fabric going on, instead of just tight yuckiness.[/quote]
I usually don't like one pieces, and I love tankinis! except, I grew since last summer, so my tankini showed this nice little strip of tummy every time I moved... so I used my one piece a lot this summer. :) and can I say that it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find a swimsuit that doesn't show cleavage and is still cute... moms can get away with not being cute, but if you're fifteen and wearing a not cute swimsuit, you're pretty much dead. not to mention that the only type of suits they make for teens are bikinis and more bikinis. Target usually has a couple styles of tankinis, and I think I found my cute one-piece at... um... I don't remember. :blush:

[quote name='aprilvasquez' post='1379030' date='Sep 5 2007, 09:00 PM']plus I don't being completely uncovered to use the bathroom :blush:[/quote]
I concur wholeheartedly!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1371054' date='Aug 26 2007, 04:56 PM']Speedos in public are a mortal sin.[/quote]
Agreed. I just wish I could convince my Italian relatives of this...

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1371598' date='Aug 27 2007, 01:31 PM']And to expand on my earlier comment, after some thought: When I have issues with a guy being shirtless, I think of it as my problem and not his. As in, I don't think a shirtless guy is immodest. I think that if I have an issue it is my heart/mind that needs to change, not his level of dress.[/quote]
See, this I take issue with. A man should take responsibility toward those around him, as much as a woman.

On the very, very few occasions I go to the beach and/or pool, I wear a shirt, except for when I'm in the water. I'll often take off my shirt to do sweaty work around the house, but only if there's no women around (which is most of the time). Outdoors, though, I wear a shirt.

Again, it's not only about causing others to sin (frankly, male immodesty is less likely to cause a woman to sin, as women are not stimulated visually to the same degree men are, but it's still a factor), but it's about appropriateness and modesty. Male beauty isn't as sacred as female beauty, however, one must not flaunt one's body. One must treat the body with reverence, and save such displays for marriage.

Not to mention, some of us are flabby wookies. No one wants to see that...

Honestly, it is hot enough to wanna take your shirt off, it is probably sunny enough that you want to keep your shirt on to defend yourself from the sun's rays. Some people obsess with tanning, which I find ridiculous.

I mean honestly, w--w--wwhh-wwwhhyyyy? What is so great about a suntan that you would slap on SPF 0.5 and bake yourself for hours on end? Why are suntans considered objectively attractive to begin with?

Personally, skin cancer just isn't my thing. And, not to sounds racist, but I also don't like the idea of becoming lobster-red for days at a time. But that's just me.

[quote name='XIX' post='1379477' date='Sep 6 2007, 11:36 AM']Honestly, it is hot enough to wanna take your shirt off, it is probably sunny enough that you want to keep your shirt on to defend yourself from the sun's rays. Some people obsess with tanning, which I find ridiculous.

I mean honestly, w--w--wwhh-wwwhhyyyy? What is so great about a suntan that you would slap on SPF 0.5 and bake yourself for hours on end? Why are suntans considered objectively attractive to begin with?

Personally, skin cancer just isn't my thing. And, not to sounds racist, but I also don't like the idea of becoming lobster-red for days at a time. But that's just me.[/quote]
Some of us have to worry about this less than others. Though I do burn if I spend lots of time in the sun (as I recently found out), I can usually do 3-4 hours with no ill effects. Those of us of Mediterranean descent often have a bit of a leg up on those that come from further north...

• 3 months later...

[quote name='prose' post='1371583' date='Aug 27 2007, 08:51 AM']I don't mind shirtless. BUT the bottoms need to be pulled up to an appropriate level. Men with the swim trunks that seem to be being held up by their... um... privates. And then you see not only the six pack, but the muscles that lead to their pelvis. This can DEFINITELY be occasion to sin. definitely.

Overall, however, I think it is fine.

As for the 2-piece. A tankini I think is perfectly modest and appropriate.[/quote]
so agreed on all points.

for picture of modest tankinis, click [url="http://www.modbeclothing.com/topinclude.asp?pageidd=1&cid=3&proid=54"]here.[/url]

Not too bad for modesty, though I guess swimwear for both genders is not too flattering. Meh. Btw, I dont see how one gets a tan w/ that... /sarcasm