An Old School Catholic Message Board

Former Pm'er Featured In Vocations Magazine !

stlmom

How wonderful to see that. What I feel bad about is that the negative nasties on this board chased her out. I applaud her success and happiness.

We have a girls' high school run by these sisters in my diocese. Unfortunately, the school is not very orthodox, but the Order itself seems very beautiful :)

[quote name='alicemary' post='1370570' date='Aug 25 2007, 05:14 PM']How wonderful to see that. What I feel bad about is that the negative nasties on this board chased her out. I applaud her success and happiness.[/quote]

+

Oh yes, us negative nasties who follow the teachings of the Church! It's just despicable! :lol_roll:

Edited by Veritas

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Oh, thanks! She is such a lovely Sister! Now I've got to go finish reading the article!

[quote name='Carolyn' post='1370684' date='Aug 25 2007, 08:25 PM']Very enjoyable! I had never heard of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word. Thanks![/quote]

I never did until I started participating here. Apparently they have a large presence in Texas and Mexico. There seems to be some relationship between Sr. Helga's community (Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament Sisters) and other communities that have Incarnate Word in their titles. They were originally founded in France in the 1600's, I believe, and their foundress may have also been declared Venerable.

AlterDominicus

I think thats really cool, man I love August so much even though it is painful for me because it only highlights my longing for my entrance. :lol:

Saint Therese

[quote name='Carolyn' post='1370684' date='Aug 25 2007, 08:25 PM']Very enjoyable! I had never heard of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word. Thanks![/quote]

My sister went to the University they run. They are notoriously liberal. They had had gay pride days, and there was a definite gay presence on campus. My sister said she heard of a sister hearing "confessions", new age religion classes, sisters wearing earrings and miniskirts,etc, etc.

cathoholic_anonymous

Judging by the photo in the article, Sister Helga is not wearing earrings or miniskirts. I see a veiled novice in a simple habit.

If her Order has started to crumble in some places, it is vibrant and faithful Catholic women like Sr Helga who will be able to repair it. Not people who criticise its lack of orthodoxy and make this phorum so uncomfortable for one of its novices that she chooses to leave. God bless her. I wish her joy.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1372181' date='Aug 28 2007, 12:35 AM']My sister went to the University they run. They are notoriously liberal. They had had gay pride days, and there was a definite gay presence on campus. My sister said she heard of a sister hearing "confessions", new age religion classes, sisters wearing earrings and miniskirts,etc, etc.[/quote]

Please be careful here--there happen to be FIVE different and separate communities within the Incarnate Word congregations in Texas. Do not paint them with the same brush, if you know what I mean. I don't believe her community is the one running that particular university. Sr. Helga belongs to the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament of Corpus Christi (IWBS) The other Incarnate Word communities have different initials, CVI for instance. In the article I linked, they mistakenly identified her as a CVI.