An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smme Pictures

awyers

The pictures from the first profession and reception to the habit ceremonies are up! They are having a few glitches with the first profession pics but are working on it. Enjoy :) I am really hoping Nashville and SSEW will post theirs before I leave in 3 DAYS!! AH!

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/category.php?id=36"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/category.php?id=36[/url]

FaithfulRoseofMary

Thanks for the post. Great pictures!

Blessings and prayers for you for these next few days and especially on entrance day

Say a big hello to Sr. Joseph Andrew (from Fran)

Be assured of my prayers!

Over the next few days & especially on Tuesday -- pray and smile!!!

God bless you!

Peace and Prayers in the spirit of St. Dominic,
FaithfulRoseofMary :))

[quote name='stlmom' post='1370392' date='Aug 25 2007, 04:35 PM']They are all so radiant! :D[/quote]

DITTO

Edited by Jennirom

Lovely pics, but their names!!!!!!! I have to know their names!!!! I'm dying here!

:drunk::drunk:

+

Hmmm... they're posted on the website, aren't they? I'm almost positive.

You did mean the new novices, right?

Here they are:

NEW NOVICES as of August 5th, 2007
Sr. Veronique Marie (Veronique Eloizard), Haiti
Sr. Sophia (Nicole Soileau), Atlanta, GA
Sr. Maria Jose (Ruth Acosta), El Paso, TX
Sr. Mary Perpetua (Winnie Ha), Downey, CA
Sr. Francis Mary (Jessica Bubien), London, ON, Canada
Sr. Agnes Marie (Lucia Pineda), Chula Vista, CA
Sr. Mariana (Mary McGlynn), Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Joshua Mary (Sami Pottenger), Redmond, OR
Sr. Rita Mary (Shannon Lumbrezer), Toledo, OH
Sr. Imelda Marie (Chelsea Shaw), Madison, WI

Ask and you shall receive. :topsy:

AlterDominicus

Thanks, no I'm talking about the Newly Professed. Primarily Sister Maria Caritas, maybe I should call her family, besides I need to know when she is coming back to Minnesota and my parish. We are like uberly macho friends and beyond that, her fam has even offered to give me their old car! :blowkiss:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1370636' date='Aug 25 2007, 07:10 PM']Thanks, no I'm talking about the Newly Professed. Primarily Sister Maria Caritas, maybe I should call her family, besides I need to know when she is coming back to Minnesota and my parish. We are like uberly macho friends and beyond that, her fam has even offered to give me their old car! :blowkiss:[/quote]

+

Their names wouldn't have changed, though, right? I think I'm totally misunderstanding what you're asking! Didn't all the second year novices make their first profession?

Okay, here they are:

Sister Maria Rosario
Sister Mary Gloria
Sister Mary Judith
Sister Maria Caritas
Sister Mary John

Pictures here: [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/article.php?id=143"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/article.php?id=143[/url]
(Click on the green "photo gallery" link)

Edited by Veritas

the lords sheep

I don't believe they change their names at first profession... in fact, from what I understand most active orders don't (I know nothing about the cloister... I can't even pretend to.) They may add a title, however... I'm not sure about SMME...

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1370719' date='Aug 25 2007, 10:04 PM']They do. Because as a novice you HAVE TO have Mary in your name.[/quote]

The names aren't changed at 1st profession. They are changed at clothing. Not both! Never heard of that anywhere!

Some communities (Benedictine)change their name at first profession.