An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have Love For The Pope Or Hang Urself From A Rope ?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1370352' date='Aug 25 2007, 04:27 AM']just cuz you type like a pro dont make u anything to admire seperated bretheren......
14 yrs old
hope u keep learnen to humble yourself as you grown in ur faith.......
peace[/quote]

hey man i hope ur readen this
im sorry for being an a hole
it was uncalled for
and to be completly honest
although i dont know u
i look up to you and admire your desire to serve the lord
seriously
i appologize to everyone who read this thread and hand to encounter me being a jerk to this brother in christ
seriously
im sorry bro
Godbless

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1370358' date='Aug 25 2007, 04:16 AM']Del B,
As an ex-Catholic, I understand where you are coming from. Why belong to a "Christian" group where the majority of the Christians are constantly tearing each other down? Yes, most Catholics spout and live a type of 'Feenyism' that denies the Christianity of non-Catholics. It seems the Catholic Church teaches that, but then it teaches otherwise at the same time, both in word and action. It's almost you can decide what you want to believe as a Catholic and then find documents to back up your choice. Try reading "Dominus Iesus", it's not super long, but pretty interesting. God's Salvific Grace is not limited to the Catholic Church, although, through the original "Catholic Church" (The Way), Salvific Grace came into this world and will always be a true source. Fullness does not mean Exclusive. Primacy does not mean Supremacy. Infallibile Defining does not mean Perfect Teaching. Most Catholics won't admit the limits their humanity establish.[/quote]

so in other words, you didn't like how sinful the sinners of the Catholic Church were behaving, so you left it and found a nicer group of sinners that matched your sinfulness?

it isn't like moving to a different city or state and still remaining an American. leaving the Catholic Church is like defecting from the country, you are no longer an American. i am not saying you are no longer Christian or won't go to heaven, because the condition for "defecting" is first knowing that it is the true church.

just like when Jesus heard of others preaching in his name, he said to let them be. if one of Jesus' disciples who was following Jesus around left Jesus' group to follow one of the others, Jesus probably wouldn't condemn him, but feel sorrow for him because he did not realize that Jesus was the real thing, otherwise he would have stayed.