An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have Love For The Pope Or Hang Urself From A Rope ?

if a "christain" who says that they are in the body of Christ but yet deny the authority of the catholic church. the pope and deny that the catholic bretheren are included in the body of christ, with no intention of changing their stance, are they in a way hanging themselfes from a rope ??? spirtual death shall we say ?? wont Christ deny them on judgment day and send them to hell while telling them he never knew them ???????

im sick of anti catholic "christians" perscuteing catholic christians.......it turns many away from the true church leading them down a dark occult path...........

so the debate again is this....
if you arent catholic
ur destined for hell........ ????

holla.......

Edited by Guest

Okay, first off, stop with the extra punctuation, it is juvenile and annoying.

Second of all, after studying Communion Theology last semester, I think that it is reasonable to say that all christians are part of the Body of Christ. In fact, that is what this theology as a whole is implying. Essentially, this thread will be a debate about that, right?

I am not Christ, so I don't know how he will judge, but I can guarantee two things. God is merciful and God is just. That is all I need to know about that.

[quote name='prose' post='1370184' date='Aug 24 2007, 06:59 PM']Okay, first off, stop with the extra punctuation, it is juvenile and annoying.

Second of all, after studying Communion Theology last semester, I think that it is reasonable to say that all christians are part of the Body of Christ. In fact, that is what this theology as a whole is implying. Essentially, this thread will be a debate about that, right?

I am not Christ, so I don't know how he will judge, but I can guarantee two things. God is merciful and God is just. That is all I need to know about that.[/quote]

first off.....i love being juvenile and annoying.....its two of my best traits.....secondly......u must have not read my post very well...........my debate is christians who deny that the catholic church is of God and the one true church......church's who claim that roman catholics arent brothers in christ.......as far as your paper..........i'll get back to ya......

I would say it depends... Do the people knowingly reject Christ's Church or do they do so out of ignorance? How accountable are they? Only the Lord knows.
If they are offered the Truth but knowingly refuse it? Well, that is something I wouldn't want to try. Though I would think that in some cases, it's just pure conditioning and always hearing about the "horrible" Catholic Church and how wrong it is without hearing any truth.
As is said, Thousands of people hate what they believe to be the Church. Only a hundred truly hate the Church.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1370181' date='Aug 24 2007, 06:53 PM']if a "christain" who says that they are in the body of Christ but yet deny the authority of the catholic church. the pope and deny that the catholic bretheren are included in the body of christ, with no intention of changing their stance, are they in a way hanging themselfes from a rope ??? spirtual death shall we say ?? wont Christ deny them on judgment day and send them to hell while telling them he never knew them ???????

im sick of anti catholic "christians" perscuteing catholic christians.......it turns many away from the true church leading them down a dark occult path...........

so the debate again is this....
if you arent catholic
ur destined for hell........ ????

holla.......[/quote]

I would sincerely recommend that you read the Encyclical of Pope Pius XII, [url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xii_enc_29061943_mystici-corporis-christi_en.html"]Mystici Corporis Christi[/url]

[quote name='prose' post='1370184' date='Aug 24 2007, 06:59 PM']Okay, first off, stop with the extra punctuation, it is juvenile and annoying.[/quote]

I strongly agree with Prose.

Dude all it takes to be a member of the Body of Christ (unless committing a mortal sin in full knowledge) is being baptized in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. That's a Catholic belief...Protestants are just Catholics who don't know it yet.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1370296' date='Aug 24 2007, 10:12 PM']Dude all it takes to be a member of the Body of Christ (unless committing a mortal sin in full knowledge) is being baptized in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. That's a Catholic belief...Protestants are just Catholics who don't know it yet.[/quote]

so your telling me if these people say that the catholic church isnt the true church of God and they also say that roman catholics arent brother's in Christ they are still saved ?????? i dont think i agree with you..........

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1370290' date='Aug 24 2007, 10:03 PM']I would sincerely recommend that you read the Encyclical of Pope Pius XII, [url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xii_enc_29061943_mystici-corporis-christi_en.html"]Mystici Corporis Christi[/url]
I strongly agree with Prose.[/quote]

just cuz you type like a pro dont make u anything to admire seperated bretheren......
14 yrs old
hope u keep learnen to humble yourself as you grown in ur faith.......
peace

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1370352' date='Aug 25 2007, 06:27 AM']just cuz you type like a pro dont make u anything to admire seperated bretheren......
14 yrs old
peace[/quote]Del B,
As an ex-Catholic, I understand where you are coming from. Why belong to a "Christian" group where the majority of the Christians are constantly tearing each other down? Yes, most Catholics spout and live a type of 'Feenyism' that denies the Christianity of non-Catholics. It seems the Catholic Church teaches that, but then it teaches otherwise at the same time, both in word and action. It's almost you can decide what you want to believe as a Catholic and then find documents to back up your choice. Try reading "Dominus Iesus", it's not super long, but pretty interesting. God's Salvific Grace is not limited to the Catholic Church, although, through the original "Catholic Church" (The Way), Salvific Grace came into this world and will always be a true source. Fullness does not mean Exclusive. Primacy does not mean Supremacy. Infallibile Defining does not mean Perfect Teaching. Most Catholics won't admit the limits their humanity establish.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1370296' date='Aug 24 2007, 10:12 PM']Dude all it takes to be a member of the Body of Christ (unless committing a mortal sin in full knowledge) is being baptized in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. That's a Catholic belief...Protestants are just Catholics who don't know it yet.[/quote]

This is what I was saying.

Noel's angel

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1370352' date='Aug 25 2007, 11:27 AM']just cuz you type like a pro dont make u anything to admire seperated bretheren......
14 yrs old
peace[/quote]

Wait a sec, all he said was that you might like to read an encyclical, and that he agreed with prose. He didn't preach anything, with his head held high, as if he is God. He just gave you a suggestion.