An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Heavy Duty Praying For Me

Margaret

I need you all to pray for me it is only 4 1/2 months till I enter and I have really been struggling with alot of stuff so PLEASE PLEASE pray for me a lot

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1369682' date='Aug 24 2007, 01:57 AM']I need you all to pray for me it is only 4 1/2 months till I enter and I have really been struggling with alot of stuff so PLEASE PLEASE pray for me a lot[/quote]

Where are you entering?

Obtain a St. Benedict Rosary (St. Ben medal in crucifix, and as centerpiece), and carry it with you.

Blessings,
Gemma

I will definitely pray for you. I think a lot of people go through a period of confusion up until they enter, because it's such a big step (and perhaps the devil wants to talk them out of it). I know I had a lot of doubts before entering, but the moment you get to the enclosure door (and this is what many sisters say) - everything is fine. :)

Prayers for you!

be_thou_my_vision

Yes, when I was a few months out, I was freaked out like everyday... but I started saying a Hail Mary everytime I got scared or a confusing thought came into my head. Needless to say, I was saying Hail Mary's ALL DAY, but it helped tremendously. Mamma Maria will comfort you. And take time for Eucharistic Adoration at least once a week if possible. Rembember to breathe... it helps!

IrishSalesian

I know how yo uare feeling, I am entering on Sunday, and my head is swirling around, I don't know what to think, Im scared, nervous, anxious. It is complete chaos in my head. But it will all work out. I am going to go say the rosary now, that will calm me down!

Ill be praying for you!, Please pray for me too.

Edited by IrishSalesian

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1369682' date='Aug 24 2007, 01:57 AM']I need you all to pray for me it is only 4 1/2 months till I enter and I have really been struggling with alot of stuff so PLEASE PLEASE pray for me a lot[/quote]

I understand 100%. Praying here.

Mary-Kathryn

I'm coming from the view of a married woman, maybe this will help a little?

You have wedding jitters. There's the plans, everybody and anybody wanting to "do lunch" or whatever, relatives in your ear, plus your stuff. Most importantly there's HIM. you'll be marrying HIM. Is this right? Are you doing the right thing? Are you right for Him, He for you? What if you mess up? Make a mistake? Oh Lord....

You see Rose of Sharon, you have wedding jitters and every Bride-to-be has them. You want it so much it almost scares you to death. But once you face forward and put one foot down the aisle [or through the convent door] your heart will grow with immeasurable love.

I will pray for you!

A Yearning Heart

I've just spent a day advising stressed students and parents at a uni careers day that all the big decisions don't have to come all at once or their entire career/life sorted out before they leave school and that they will have time to determine where their path lies.

You are entering to start the time of discernment, right? that's time for you to see what that life is like and to see if it is for you. It is not a one-way ticket. You should be proud of yourself for being open to the possibility. Jitters are a normal part for any change in life. Maybe talk to your spiritual director about it who may be able to put your mind at ease. Saying prayers definately helps me focus and calms me down when stressed.

I will pray for you and remember you during Mass. :sign:

abiding-soul

prayers here... may God bless you and keep you free from the Evil One's temptations.