An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Suicides Go To Hell?

infinitelord1

Noel's angel

Everything we say will always start with 'if'. We will never know what as person has in their heart. No one knows who has repented and who has not. No one knows the state of someone's mind when they commit suicide. Imagine the mother of someone who has just committed suicide came on here and saw all these people saying that most likely, their child is in Hell. How do you think that mother would feel? We don't know, and we CAN'T know, so there's no point in even debating this. All we know is that God is merciful and just. Leave the judgements up to Him.

I already stated that suicide; the willful taking of one's life is NEVER out of ignorance, as it is the very nature of man to seek survival. To say anyone can be ignorant of this basic human instinct is to question much of natural law theology, which would make Aquinas's theology largely mute.

Innocence of suicide is impossible, it is self inflicted with full knowledge or it would be an act of homocide comitted against someone.

Repentance is the cure for all but one sin; dying unrepentant (many dead wish they could repent.) Therefore, it need not be mentioned.

God is loving enough to warn us of mortal sins by making inherent in our own nature's, I don't understand why people feel God must do more justice than this alone, to give us knowledge of a sin in our very nature.

God alone judges the dead and determines where they go, for He alone sees the secrets of the heart, and His judgment alone is just and true.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1369836' date='Aug 24 2007, 08:35 AM']When a spiritual entity chooses a physical existence it must also choose it’s method of death (exit). So by committing to the physical experience, everyone commits suicide.[/quote]
Carrdero, cut the Sylvia Browne carp. I have to put up with that too much already. It goes against the dignity of human beings.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1370177' date='Aug 24 2007, 07:40 PM']who do you trust ??? the catholic church is either false or true........theres no in between......either its satan's church or its Gods.....y dont you have some swagger and make up ur mind...uve been on this board forever debateing this stuff......make ur mind up...............catholic church equals Gods church.....or catholic church equals satans church.......chooze one and keep it moven..........on another note.......God bless you and may your days be filled with love........

on another side note.......blasphemy against the holy spirt is the unforgiveable sin.....which is.....attributeing to the devil what is of the holy spirt.............mabey thats y the pope just made it clear again that the catholic church is the only true church of God.......becuz alot of these anti catholic leaders saying that the catholic church is of satan are treading in deep shark infected waters.......blasphemy against the holy spirit is something you dont wanna play with.........

on another side note........check out the apologist, akalyte and sammyblaze....three of the dopest in the game......this is a catholic rap website.....i'll holla[/quote]
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not speaking ill about the person of the trinity but rejecting grace all together. Grace is required for a person to repent. If someone rejects the grace of God, it is a sin in itself, but it takes grace to be forgiven. But if reject that grace, forgiveness cannot be attained (because it is rejected). But, in the end it's only unforgivable when the person is dead.

[quote]MichaelFilo writes: Innocence of suicide is impossible, it is self inflicted with full knowledge or it would be an act of homocide comitted against someone.[/quote]

So is the knowledge that it is impossible for one to live on this earth forever or that there is an acceptable amount of moments for one to live. Suicide, like any form of death, is an act that says, "I am done with this existence" and it is an act that is not subject to mortal or immortal scrutiny.

Edited by carrdero

[quote]SacredMusicMan writes: Carrdero, cut the Sylvia Browne carp. I have to put up with that too much already. It goes against the dignity of human beings.[/quote]
I believe that the dignity is impaired when one realizes that their existence is not their own. That someone or something has placed purpose or planned an existence for another individual. That one is here for the express purpose to serve or to live by the imitations of someone else. That one is expected to behave and act accordingly to the wills of another BEing. This is an indignity of existence.

Edited by carrdero

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='dUSt' post='1368975' date='Aug 23 2007, 02:08 PM']I would think that the people who commit suicide who are fully aware of what they're doing and know that it is against God's will would go to hell, but I can't judge.

For the one's who are metally sick or drugged up or out of their minds, I don't know. Only God does.

Let's do as the church tells us and pray for them all.[/quote]

read 2282 in The CCC second edition. [url="http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm"]http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a5.htm[/url] It speaks of those who have severe "psychological disturbances" and so on. I very strongly believe that our God is not a cruel God. He would not watch over someone with a mental illness only to punish them when their minds slipped away for those moments.

[quote name='infinitelord1' post='1371489' date='Aug 27 2007, 08:17 AM']Where in the bible does it say that suicide is a sin?[/quote]

Exodus 20:13:

[i]Thou shalt not kill.[/i]

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

[i]Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you were bought with a price.[/i]

Edited by Maggie

[quote name='carrdero' post='1371496' date='Aug 27 2007, 09:18 AM']So is the knowledge that it is impossible for one to live on this earth forever or that there is an acceptable amount of moments for one to live. Suicide, like any form of death, is an act that says, "I am done with this existence" and it is an act that is not subject to mortal or immortal scrutiny.[/quote]

Suicide is the only form of death that says "I am done with this existence" all other forms are "you are done with this existence." Your life is not your own to take and suicide is deciding you call it quits. All other forms of death don't give you an option; your life is taken from you.

I didn't quite understand the first part though, about "So is the knowledge that it is impossible for one to live on this earth forever or that there is an acceptable amount of moments for one to live."