An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm A Novice Now!

Guest JeffCR07

ThyWillBeDone

Wow,
You are now Brother Jeffrey. That is just so awesome. Wow I certainly wouldn't have thought when I first met you at Dickinson College about four years ago that in four years I would be a seminarian, in a major seminary, and that you would be Br. Jeffrey. I guess that just goes to show how important a good Newman Club is to supporting vocations.
God Bless

and that i would be having a baby, waiting for my two little chickadees to become priests and perform our family's sacraments ;) :P

jeff (can i still call you that? :mellow:), all i say is how proud i am of you and how it gives me such joy to see you so filled with christ's spirit.

i can't wait to introduce my little ones to bro. dominic. or fr. dominic!

and ditto for you chris, but we all know how habits put me over the top :P of course, i still love cassocks! ^_^

many,many prayers to you both and much, much love :love:

Edited by kateri05

Guest JeffCR07

Sr. Mary Catherine, I absolutely intended to include Dominican Nuns in what I said above. I mean "sister" in a simple and familial way. You should know that our entire Novice class holds all Dominican Nuns very dear to our hearts. In a very really way, you are called to be the preaching of the Brothers in the flesh. Our preaching, like Holy Scripture, is meant to edify, inspire, and inflame the heart. But just as Christ is the incarnation of the written word in the flesh of man, so you are called to be the incarnation of Dominican preaching in your charity, community life, and regular observance. We are truly dependent upon your prayers, and we can't wait to visit you all!

Oh, and Br. Justin is fantastic - you should have heard his preaching on St. Thomas Aquinas - and God willing he and I will be teaching philosophy together someday!

Chris I can't tell you how much your prayers and advice have helped me, and you should know that I am keeping you and all the seminarians at St. Charles in my prayers! (PS, cassocks rule)

Lina, I definitely wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for you. All I can say is thank you...and you better still be having kids in 7 years, because I want to baptize one of them :P Oh, and yes, you can still call me Jeff ;)

Feel free to email me, and I'll try to respond whenever the technology fast isn't in effect!

Yours in Christ, Mary, and St. Dominic,

Brother Jeffrey