An Old School Catholic Message Board

Global Warming Debunked

Justin86

I met with an American WH Nuclear Energy engineer in Paris who was returning to the US in a few months after working with the French for a few years. Since the US hasn't built a new plant in 30 years, while the French and British have, France's superior experience and technological advancements were being shared.

Regarding MPG efficiency of American cars, it's not our technology or the AC, it's the Environmental stuff. Plenty of studies have shown that AC does not significantly reduce the fuel efficiency. European & British cars sold in the UK do not have the all the EPA stuff American cars do, but they are smaller and more fuel efficient, so I don't know what the net pollutant effect is.

You know.... keep the AC. I think we should do away with heat in the winter. Burning all that heating oil has got to be bad. I don't want to breath in all that stuff from home heaters. My AC unit is much more efficient than all those heaters.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1364032' date='Aug 20 2007, 02:22 AM']You know.... keep the AC. I think we should do away with heat in the winter. Burning all that heating oil has got to be bad. I don't want to breath in all that stuff from home heaters. My AC unit is much more efficient than all those heaters.[/quote]
Stop it! Florida is already crowded enough during the winter, don't encourage the snowbirds to stay all year.

Or the population is going to migrate South en-masse in winter, then North in summer. Of course, we'll all be traveling by .......
How would we get there?
Oxen and mules cause methane.
Automobiles use fossil fuel.
We can't all travel by sail boat and what energy source would we use to build the boats?
We all just need to live in caves and let nature thin down the population as God sees fit.

Anomaly is making quite a valid point, if I understand him correctly. I think we're over reacting about transportation and heating... factories on the other hand... meh. I'm not going to start.

I once heard of a study done at UC Davis that was quite surprising. They found that the machines used to manufacture electric car batteries created more air polution per vehicle produced than the average gas vehicles each electric car was meant to replace. If that study is representative of the electric car industry, then their "contribution to the environment" is just another way to market by fear.

Edited by abercius24

Really... interesting. I'd still want an electric car. It sounds pretty neat. I dunno why they recalled the vehicles without reason, though. meh. I donno. My "Catholic" school is weird because it actually bought into this american environmental scare propaganda.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1367557' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:45 PM']Really... interesting. I'd still want an electric car. It sounds pretty neat. I dunno why they recalled the vehicles without reason, though. meh. I donno. My "Catholic" school is weird because it actually bought into this american environmental scare propaganda.[/quote]

I'd be careful about an electric car unless you have an extra $5,000+ in cash. You see, car batteries have this tendency to die. The problem with an electric car is that it has one BIG battery that isn't usually kept on the shelf, or even in a warehouse. Then, the mechanic is going to charge a much higher fee, as there have been a growing list of cases of fatal electrocution by hybrid batteries, let alone electric car batteries.