An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville?

Veritas

+

Anybody know what's been going on down in Nashville? With the big feast yesterday, I imagine there were some professions or investitures. I don't think we've had any Saint Cecilia discerners around for a while... :sadder:

[url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/"]http://www.nashvilledominican.org/[/url]

What did you do at the Monastery Sister MC?

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Just heard back from Sr. Mary Emily yesterday!

She says they had an incredible day at the Motherhouse for the feast of St. Dominic. Cardinal Bertone, who is in town for the Knights of Columbus Convention, came to visit them and brought greetings to them from Pope Benedict!! She seemed ecstatic.

She said that the photos of the recent ceremonies would be up in a couple days. Their nine new postulants entered three days ago and are doing well!

That's the news from the Nashville front!

And yes, there is a St. Cecilia discerner right here! All i've got is a six year military service to finish out, but God willing I will be joining them eventually.

Deus te Amat

i'm a st. cecilia discerner!!!!

not too serious yet i'm sad to say... but someday, i hope :)

i really really love them... but i've only one email to the novice mistress under my belt as of yet ^_^

I've discerned with them in the past and have attended two of their vocation retreats. The Holy Spirit's JOY lives within their community!

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1354848' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:43 AM']Just heard back from Sr. Mary Emily yesterday!

She says they had an incredible day at the Motherhouse for the feast of St. Dominic. Cardinal Bertone, who is in town for the Knights of Columbus Convention, came to visit them and brought greetings to them from Pope Benedict!! She seemed ecstatic.

She said that the photos of the recent ceremonies would be up in a couple days. Their nine new postulants entered three days ago and are doing well!
That's the news from the Nashville front!
And yes, there is a St. Cecilia discerner right here! All i've got is a six year military service to finish out, but God willing I will be joining them eventually.[/quote]

+

Only nine? That's a small group for them. lol. God is good. Many blessings. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='Veritas' post='1355365' date='Aug 10 2007, 05:08 PM']+

Only nine? That's a small group for them. lol. God is good. Many blessings. Thanks for the update![/quote]
9 out of the 14 who entered last summer--I'd say that's just about right (statistically speaking). The stats I've seen usually have about 50% of those who entered will profess final vows.

[quote name='shortnun' post='1355480' date='Aug 10 2007, 06:50 PM']9 out of the 14 who entered last summer--I'd say that's just about right (statistically speaking). The stats I've seen usually have about 50% of those who entered will profess final vows.[/quote]

+

I believe she wrote "postulants who entered 3 days ago", not postulants entering the novitiate. As an aside, I'm inclined to think their percentage is above 50%, but I suppose one would need to talk with the sisters to know for sure. :)

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Sorry for the confusion--there are nine NEW postulants. I'm not exactly sure how many women just received the habit--but from what I remember I think it was most of their "2006 class," which was thirteen.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1356187' date='Aug 10 2007, 11:50 PM']+

I believe she wrote "postulants who entered 3 days ago", not postulants entering the novitiate. As an aside, I'm inclined to think their percentage is above 50%, but I suppose one would need to talk with the sisters to know for sure. :)[/quote]

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1356275' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:15 AM']Sorry for the confusion--there are nine NEW postulants. I'm not exactly sure how many women just received the habit--but from what I remember I think it was most of their "2006 class," which was thirteen.[/quote]
I think the confusion was all on my part and how I read the thread. Nine new postulants = nine wonderful blessings. I know of a few of them who asked for papers at the May retreat. I can't wait to see pictures!!! :clap:

[quote name='shortnun' post='1357109' date='Aug 12 2007, 12:12 AM']I think the confusion was all on my part and how I read the thread. Nine new postulants = nine wonderful blessings. I know of a few of them who asked for papers at the May retreat. I can't wait to see pictures!!! :clap:[/quote]

+

Amen! Pictures!!! :D

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

No photos yet. I'm back in Nashville now and will hopefully be meeting the new postulants in the next few days!!

:love:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1354906' date='Aug 10 2007, 02:27 AM']i'm a st. cecilia discerner!!!!

not too serious yet i'm sad to say... but someday, i hope :)
i really really love them... but i've only one email to the novice mistress under my belt as of yet ^_^[/quote]

i didn't know that. :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1355070' date='Aug 10 2007, 10:14 AM']I might attend in January. The ticket alone will cost me two months of rent, though :)[/quote]

i might go in Octover. ^_^